Transmission: automatic
Curb weight: 5461 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0
Frontal area: 0 sq.ft.
Instrumentation: ScanGauge
Description: base model pickup with:
larger than needed left and right side mirrors
no mud flaps
36 gallon gas tank (takes me awhile to burn through a tank to compile hand calculated MPGs)

also, i don't know my coefficient of drag, but leaving the field blank seems to populate a "0" ... no, i have not accomplished the impossible.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: -grill bug screen (my assumption is it has similar benefits to a partial grill block) with a fantastic effect on keeping my radiator clean
-small top grill block using pipe insulation between my bug screen and grill
-tonneau cover
-partial belly pan (front)
-synthetic rope winch (weight penalty) but is offset partly because it fills the gap in the front lower grill (97% grill block)
-spare tire delete
-LED passenger reading lights and LED fog lights for less electrical draw than the stockers, used as DRLs at dusk, in place of the head lights which draw even more
-1.5" front lift (counter-productive to MPGs but necessary to reach one of my favorite swimming holes!)

Planned Mods: -more belly pan
-more cowbell
-more LEDs (to lessen load on alternator)
-passenger rated Michelin LTX M/S2 tires (approx. 40 lbs total of rotational mass savings over current wranglers, plus a more fuel efficient tread pattern that still has good performance on hwy, dirt and snow)
-muffler modification for approx. 30lbs weight savings with a theoretically possible slight positive effect on performance/mileage (no change to diameter of pipe, factory "Y" left in place)

-anything I can do simply, that doesn't look too retarded (as judged by one particular female in my life).
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 14 mpg(US)
EPA highway 19 mpg(US)
EPA combined 16 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 9.8 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 9.8 mpg(US)
90 days 9.8 mpg(US)
View Fuel Log
Last updated: Feb 21, 2014

(Created: 2014-02-08 05:37:01 / Modified: 2015-11-10 15:27:30)