Curb weight: 0 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0
Frontal area: 0 sq.ft.
Instrumentation: ScanGauge
Description: -7.5 mile commute. To work 33-37mpg, going back 43-50

-Ex auto transmission and it seems to engine brake easily

-75% suburb driving

-Tire pressure 40-48 (max44)

-Accelerate around 2.5-3k rpm usually, coax into top gear around 33mph if distance seems worth it, then hold max desired speed. Transmission coaxes easily

-around 50 - 65 freeway, speed limit everywhere else

-driving without brakes all that i can

-Drive with load as much as i can

-Neutral coast occasionally when i can decelerate over a long distance on gradual downhills in familiar places. I think its worth a couple mpg overall if done in the right places but im doing it less often
Build Thread:
Current Mods: -injen short ram intake (mpg wasn't on my mind then)

-upper grill block covering ~75%

-somewhat adjustable lower grill block.

-Scangauge E

-Board under carpet in trunk removed

-Windshield wipers removed when not raining. Kept the drivers side wiper in the trunk just in case

-Driver arm rest removed (That little thing weighs a ton!)

-Passenger side mirror removed and replaced with an internal mirror. This was surprisingly easy. The hardest part was trying to make the outside water tight. I cut a piece of abs plastic, attached with one bolt, and added a little gorilla glue all the way around to keep water out. The internal mirror is convex, so it is really only good for checking the blind spot. I originally wanted a flat mirror so that i could see further back but i couldn't get an angle that worked.

-Air dam made from lawn edging. It is mounted with 12 right angle brackets using the existing holes along the front edge of the bottom of the bumper.

-Openings between the hood, bumper and lights filled with door insulation foam

-front passenger seat removed. It weighs about 37 pounds which is actually heavier than the whole back seat. The back seat can carry 3 people and only weighs ~30 pounds (foot scale)

-power steering pump removed, lines drained and looped.

-moon disc wheel covers

-removed wiper fluid system

-spare tire replaced with a repair kit. Still take the spare on long or important trips

-all tar insulation scraped off metal in trunk and interior, kept the carpet. maybe~20 pounds

-civic hybrid spoiler installed

-Front passenger seatbelt and airbag removed (seat was already removed)

-All exterior bulbs and dome light bulbs converted to led's

-applied aluminum reflective heat shielding to under side of hood to help keep engine warm between trips

-Coroplast diffusor / partial belly pan in the rear covering the rear suspension and trunk / bumber area. The exhaust and rear suspension are the lowest points looking back. Would not do this again

Planned Mods: -low rolling friction tires when the time comes to replace

-rear wheel skirts maybe

-if my transmission ever dies I might contemplate switching to a manual if that's even possible
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 26 mpg(US)
EPA highway 34 mpg(US)
EPA combined 29 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 40.86 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 41.82 mpg(US)
90 days 40.86 mpg(US)
View Fuel Log
Last updated: Oct 29, 2016

(Created: 2014-06-03 00:55:58 / Modified: 2016-11-02 22:29:15)