Orangemobile: 2011 Honda Fit Sport
Displacement: 1.5 L
Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: manual
Curb weight: 2520 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0.336
Frontal area: 23.3 sq.ft.
Instrumentation: other
Description: A miniature orange cargo van. It's served me well for quite a while now, but it can serve me better with a few mods...
Build Thread:
Current Mods: -Increased Tire Pressure

-Weight Reduction:
--Removed rear seats for a 70-lb weight reduction and 8-cu.ft. increase in cargo space

-Radio antenna deleted

-Started obeying the speed limit and using Cruise Control to prevent my lead foot from causing trouble with gas mileage or the cops.

Planned Mods: -Weight Reduction:
--Remove the passenger seat when I'm the only person using the car (about 40 lbs).
--Remove the plastic paneling in the back. This is more about opening up more cargo space than about reducing weight, but it will have some nonzero weight.
--Replace the spare tire with fix-a-flat. Not 100% sure if this is a good idea, but it will again open up more cargo space and save a significant about of weight (about 30 lbs).

-Seal Gaps With Weatherstripping.

-Grille Block.

-Replace the battery with a super-cap bank when it fails. Should save 15-20 lbs and increase efficiency of electrical storage in the car, leading to lower loads on the electrical system (lead-acid batteries are typically about 85% efficient DC to DC, caps are usually above 95%). Capacitors also don't care about being fully discharged or getting cold.

-Smooth wheel covers.

-Put Polycarbonate Covers over the Recessed Foglights. This will also stop the lights from getting broken by small rocks.

-Side Mirror Delete.

-Belly Pan.

-Convert Lights to LED's.

-Boat Tail.

-12V Assist.
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 27 mpg(US)
EPA highway 33 mpg(US)
EPA combined 32 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 41.42 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 37.68 mpg(US)
90 days 41.42 mpg(US)
View Fuel Log
Last updated: Sep 11, 2015

(Created: 2015-07-06 20:07:40 / Modified: 2015-09-13 10:50:37)