Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2008, 11:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimL10 View Post
I tried to get a jump on improving the milage on my 04 Frontier extgended cab by adding a gadget called Mileage Monster Hydrogen system. Cost a little under $700 installed. The net effect after 1395 miles appears to be pretty much negative. My recommendation is that you not waste your money.

I also have a Scan Guage II. Its readings seem to change more rapidly than I can compensate. Does anyone have any ideas for smoothing that might eliminate the rapid changes? I also would like to hear any ideas for improving the bricklike design that I have to deal with.
Bugger on the hydrogen thing (we, or at least I, would have told you that before the installation :/)

As for the SG, lower the refresh rate.... The instantaneous fuel consumption changes in real time. So either set the SG to report less frequently (it might average over the time period - and thus smooth out) or program the driver to smooth out the numbers in his/her head

As for brick like design - of your car or of the SG?

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-27-2008, 04:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Frontier - '04 Nissan Frontier XE
90 day: 24.87 mpg (US)
Angry Hydrogen generators

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet03 View Post
Bugger on the hydrogen thing (we, or at least I, would have told you that before the installation :/)

As for the SG, lower the refresh rate.... The instantaneous fuel consumption changes in real time. So either set the SG to report less frequently (it might average over the time period - and thus smooth out) or program the driver to smooth out the numbers in his/her head

As for brick like design - of your car or of the SG?
It is nice that you could have told me, however, before making my purchase I searched these kinds of sites and found no comments relating to the value of Hydrogen generators.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Frontier - '04 Nissan Frontier XE
90 day: 24.87 mpg (US)
It is nice that you could have told me, however, before making my purchase I searched these kinds of sites and found no comments relating to the value of Hydrogen generators.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

"No comments"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimL10 View Post
The addition of hydrogen ( with oxygen ) has been tried, evaluated, written off by many on this ( and other ) MPG-type forums. I even set up a simple bench study...to determine "how much" hydrogen could be liberated from
water + NaOH. Result? Not nearly enough to justify spending the time & money on such a mod. Besides, H2 has different combustion characteristics than gasoline or diesel.

Reply  Post New Thread