Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

civatch - '95 honda civic cx
90 day: 43 mpg (US)
[QUOTE=botsapper;287223]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
This is just a guess, but the Del Sol front bumper looks the most aero-friendly of the 90s Hondas to me. I'm not sure if it would bolt up to your '96 Civic, but it's worth a check.

Could be done, nicely. (On a '96-'00, though)

http://i.imgur.com/bitgb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/32fje.jpg
That's a 92-95 civic not a 96-00

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Black Beauty - '13 Hyundai Elantra
Quote:
Originally Posted by basjoos View Post
There is plenty of airflow through my radiator through the openings in the lower front of the nose and I'm driving in a hotter summer climate here in SC than you're getting up north.
We do get days in the 90s and even rare 100s, but I'm interested in how much opening you have under that nose. Is it mostly open or is it solid with some holes cut in it or what? Does it run on the hot side in summer or do you not even have to worry about it?
Old 02-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
PSmodder lurker

[QUOTE=jrscteg;287266]
Quote:
Originally Posted by botsapper View Post

That's a 92-95 civic not a 96-00
I stand corrected.
Those posted examples did indeed have base bodies from 5th gen (92-95) Civics. The rear lamps confirmed it. The examples had complete Del Sol (92-95) front hoods, front quarter panels & bumper covers grafted on the older models. The round Del Sol headlights reminded me of and look so much like the 6th gen (96-00) Civic rounder headlights.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Aerocivic - '92 Honda Civic CX
Last 3: 70.54 mpg (US)

AerocivicLB - '92 Honda Civic CX
Team Honda
90 day: 55.14 mpg (US)

Camryglide - '20 Toyota Camry hybrid LE
90 day: 62.77 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
We do get days in the 90s and even rare 100s, but I'm interested in how much opening you have under that nose. Is it mostly open or is it solid with some holes cut in it or what? Does it run on the hot side in summer or do you not even have to worry about it?
Summer highs here average in the mid 90's with at least a week in the 100's. No problems with overheating and the fan will kick on from time to time when in stop and go traffic. Photo of openings below.

justjohn (02-16-2012)
Old 02-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Black Beauty - '13 Hyundai Elantra
Ah, ok. And those are the only holes then? (The bottom is solid all the way to the tip?)
Old 02-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I just had the air dam tear off one side and was looking into the best design air dam for lowest drag. Its too bad there are hundreds of molded body kits and front bumpers and air dams for civics but none like Aerocivic's with low Coeff Drag. Has anyone performed drag study of changing air dam? I would like to at least block off openings with coroplast and clean up air to wheels, underneath, etc. Appreciate all of aerocivic's work and website, but would be cool to get a student or someone to do a project on designing new civic VX front end. Would be pretty easy to mold out of foam and lay up fiberglass plug/mold to make new front end. Wonder if it should be elliptical shape in top view and how low stagnation point should be as aerocivic has mentioned. Also, how low should air dam go in front of wheels? To the ground ideally, with full 6 to 8" at front center to allow air under middle of car? ...

Reply  Post New Thread