Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2023, 08:53 PM   #121 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I have made claims here in the past, where following all the parameters to do 'proper" testing just was not practical in trying to control all variables. My test, rather than do a sample to extrapolate, like a 200 mile round trip over the same section of roadway while controlling as many conditions as possible, I'd do a year's worth trips over all the same roads in nearly all conditions say for many tens of thousands of miles as a baseline for an average.
I'm satisfied with my results.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM   #122 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Testing modifications requires a systematic approach to ensure accuracy and reliability. Start by establishing a baseline performance measurement, such as fuel efficiency or acceleration, before making any changes. Use consistent testing conditions, including similar driving routes, weather, and loads. After modifications, remeasure the same parameters under the same conditions to assess any changes. It’s crucial to gather data over multiple test cycles to account for variations and obtain reliable results. Finally, always cross-reference claims from manufacturers with independent tests to avoid misleading MPG figures. This methodical approach will provide a clearer picture of the true impact of modifications.
Old Today, 04:27 PM   #123 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

IMO there are two main trains of thought on DIY testing, control methodically all the variables known and/or possible, or make a test controlling what is possible but as long and extensive as allowable, to allow the "random" variables to hopefully cancel in order to achieve a credible result.
Pick your poison.
Old Today, 05:50 PM   #124 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,823 Times in 7,279 Posts
IM[H]O there are two main trains of thought on responding to AI trolls.

Don't feed them.

Why not troll them back, they never respond.

Old Today, 06:14 PM   #125 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I have found from years back they don't recognize the use of color in the verbiage to indicate emphasis on a topic.

The Following User Says Thank You to j-c-c For This Useful Post:
freebeard (Today)
Reply  Post New Thread