Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The engine and electric motor would be connected to the front of the transfer case.

The electric motor is connected to what normally would be an output to the front wheels.

The only output would be to the rear wheels. Does that clear it up?

My old F150 is all manual, no vacuum or electric stuff to deal with. It even has manual hubs.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Not at all but I am unfamiliar with trucks. Either way your are swapping out fuel consumption-to-produce power for electricity-consumption-to-produce power. You do have a truck so I would advocate if you can find cheap solar panels its worth it. Saves your deep cycles from wearing out as fast and you get "free" energy from the sun most days, not much but hey its free.

Swapping from gas to electricity is always preferable because the drive systems are more efficient. I failed to mention that. so kudos lol, now that I had to edit this in after being too scatter-brained.

You can buy solar panels in bulk if you had considerations on conveting your house. Its kind of expensive(14K$ to yield 4 kwhr plus you'd get 1.6 kwhr to apply to your truck to recharge bats when sitting or to help run the E-drive when moving).
Old 04-20-2009, 10:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunchosen View Post
Not at all but I am unfamiliar with trucks. Either way your are swapping out fuel consumption-to-produce power for electricity-consumption-to-produce power.
No, KERS is Kinetic Energy RECOVERY Systems, energy from braking is recovered for use in acceleration.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The only difference between recovery and production is where it takes place. Reocovery takes place after a process has been completed and there are undesireable products that can be converted into useable reactants.

KERS may be recovering energy but the end product is you are creating and consuming electricity instead of consuming fuel, the fact that it happens to be from an undesireable by-product(speed when you want to stop) is just a plus.

Reply  Post New Thread