Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2009, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Exclamation wanted iveco z100 parts!

need iveco z100 parts or the whole truck if you are close by

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-10-2010, 12:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Z100 parts

Ever get a reply and/or locate Z100 parts? I just bought an '80 Z100 motorhome body style. Pretty neat little van. A bit tough (nearly impossible to shift from 1st to 2nd, so I'm forced to stsrt out in 2nd (hard on the clutch disc I'm sure) Probably a syncro or something in the tranny. Other than that, it runs smooth and strong. If affording a reply, I'm looking for anything that might show me some self maintenance tips (owner's manual, whatever) and I'm looking to replace the (get this) "wooden" rear fender wells/flares (probably will have to cruise the junk yards for plastic ones from anything that might replace these fairly long well flares, plus two of the small door mounted rear view mirrors.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

IVECO/FIAT shifter problem

Finally had time to ferret out the problem's cause. The shifter, not the transmission. Seems the shifter and maybe the transmission are Fiat, at least someone on another forum says his 'IVECO' has my type of shifter and he says the shifter is a Fiat shifter.

If only I could figure out how to disassemble the shifter's attachment (to the control arm that does back to the side of the transmission), ie; whoever money-tized the current shifter's install, didn't know squat about what kind of washers are needed for a swivel mounted stud (the stud that is horizontal at the bottom end of the shifter and connects the transmission's control arm).

I say 'monkey' as he used flat washers instead of spherical washers and as such, left a big gap between the control arm and the shifter's swivel stud, such that while the gap affords the swivel stud's necessary axial movements, but the gap disallows the control arm to be adequately moved sideways (when the driver moves the shifter along the center of the shifter's 'H' slot, hence one can't access/engage 4th and 4th gears).

I know this because I've already tried adjusting the turnbuckles found midway down the transmission's control arm, ie; that adjustment seems to merely control the distance the arm is held away from the side of the transmission; eg; so the turnbuckles simply compensate for how the shifter is centered inside the cab, and adjustments to the turnbuckle, in this case, merely eliminates either reverse and 1st gears or eliminates 4th and 5th gears.

I'm stuck having tried removing control arm's eyelet from the shifter's swivel stud, removed the stud's retaining nut (which had been screwed on all the way until the threads ran out), but as yet I can't figure out why the control arm won't slide off the swivel stud (so I can removed the flat washers and slip in the spherical ones).

It almost seems like the control arm's eyelet is pressed onto the midway point of the swivel stud. Who knows, maybe I've yet to discover something like an allen screw (maybe holding the control arm's eyelet in place on the swivel stud) maybe covered with grease on the lower end of the eyelet.

I'm holding off trying to disassemble the shifter's attachment to the cab floor, as I don't see how that would enable me to even rotate the swivel stud along the axis of the control arm (so as to maybe see the bottom side of the control arm's eyelet).

I'm hoping that the eyely's not pressed on and I might have to somehow remove the contro arm from the side of the transmission (just to somehow get the eyelet off of the swivel stud).

Again, this shifter is not the one I've seem in some Iveco Z100's, the one's I can find drawing of, shows the apparent stock shifter being integral with what looks like the front top end of the engine (and my 'Fiat' shifter simply bolts to the cab's floor and it's lower end attaches to a control arm (maybe a 1 one half inch diameter bar or tube that leads back along and then into the side of the transmission).

So if anyone knows about the apparent 'Fiat' shifter sometimes found on Iveco's, please post back ro drop me a line at yourweldguru at yahoo dot u know what.

Last edited by wguru; 02-27-2011 at 04:27 AM..
Old 02-27-2011, 04:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

post 3

need 10 posts to PM
Old 02-27-2011, 04:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

post 4

Need 10 posts to PM
Old 02-27-2011, 04:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

post 5

Need 10 posts to PM
Old 02-27-2011, 04:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

post 6

need 10 posts to PM
Old 02-27-2011, 04:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

post 7

need 10 posts to PM
Old 02-27-2011, 04:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

post 8

need 10 posts to PM
Old 02-27-2011, 04:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

post 9

need 10 posts to PM

Reply  Post New Thread