Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Motorcycles / Scooters
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2022, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

What did you do to or with your motorcycle today?

Now that summer is officially here, I just thought it would be fun if people shared with what their experiences are particularly during this time of year. So for myself, I have two smaller motorcycles now that are primarily colored White, and I decided I wanted to have a white colored license plate frame on the back. I found out that they are almost impossible to find. Most frames of course, are all metal and some of them are very intricately designed and not so ecomodder friendly because they're heavy! So I ordered two black ones and painted them today. Where I am it was about the hottest day of the year so far at 77 degrees the paint dried pretty fast. A couple of weeks ago, I purchased a motorcycle stand so I can jack up the little Honda Grom to adjust its chain when necessary oh, not realizing I was missing the crossed adjustability pieces. So I had to talk over the phone with the supervisor of the local store to find out the proper protocol, and he told me of two semi-close other locations where they have them in stock. I am so enamored with actual dry days and sunshine oh, that I didn't want to contemplate doing that return chore in a car if possible, so I've taken the frame and carefully thumbs he did to one of my larger motorcycles. It took me a long time to do so, because I do not want to scratch up The hardside Bags. When I was done securing it, it was hilarious to look at! From a distance it would appear to other people that I have intentionally put a roll bar on it! The shape of the stand and the way it's on the bike looks exactly like a John Deere tractor with a little roll bar. Here in the Pacific Northwest, we usually only have from about this Time on the calendar To early October to trust much at all in having dry weather. It is very typical for fair-weather riders in this area even if they ride a lot during the summer to only put probably a maximum of 4,000 miles a year on their motorcycle. A lot of Californians like to come up and buy used bikes from here because they're low mileage. So anyway, hopefully sometime this week, I am hoping to take back roads and go about 50 miles one way to a Harbor Freight store in a little town that I've never really been in before. What's up with you?

06 Chev MonteC JG#24tribute car 30mpg 00 Honda Insight 63MPG 98 Buick Park Ave3.8 33MPG 89 Toyota Corolla wag 53MPG so far 81 VW Rabbit diesel pu 50MPG+ 80 Mercedes 240D stick 30-ish 90 vette 6-speed,29ish 07 Honda ST1300 55MPG 83 Honda 650 GL 64MPG 19 Suzuki dr200 88MPG23 HondaGrom?+Tow K10D Sub 26mpg NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!
PUMP THOSE TIRES UP!
DRIVE IN YOUR SOCKS FOR SENSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLOW DOWN AND SMOOTH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIGPIC]
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-27-2022, 09:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Okay I'm not going to beat a dead horse. I wasn't trying to pry into anybody's business or compromise anybody's personal . security. And I probably should have put this in the lounge instead. So I apologize
06 Chev MonteC JG#24tribute car 30mpg 00 Honda Insight 63MPG 98 Buick Park Ave3.8 33MPG 89 Toyota Corolla wag 53MPG so far 81 VW Rabbit diesel pu 50MPG+ 80 Mercedes 240D stick 30-ish 90 vette 6-speed,29ish 07 Honda ST1300 55MPG 83 Honda 650 GL 64MPG 19 Suzuki dr200 88MPG23 HondaGrom?+Tow K10D Sub 26mpg NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!
PUMP THOSE TIRES UP!
DRIVE IN YOUR SOCKS FOR SENSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLOW DOWN AND SMOOTH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIGPIC]
Old 06-27-2022, 09:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
Did I miss something?

If you put a roll cage on a reverse tricycle, you have to call it an 'upper frame' because lawyers. According to a local manufacturer.

Reply  Post New Thread