Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
hyper-smiler :)

Lud3 - '93 Honda Prelude SI-VTEC
Sports Cars
90 day: 25.81 mpg (US)

Civ3 - '13 Honda Civic LX
Team Honda
90 day: 41.02 mpg (US)

21x3 - '21 BMW X3 xdrive 30i
90 day: 27.44 mpg (US)
Beat my 25.8 MPG average (1st fill up) by almost 5 MPG

Hi everyone! At first I was skeptical that since I had an old car, that it wouldn't be possible to achieve my goal of getting 30 MPG. With traffic and all these other factors, I was trying my best and managed to get 30.2 MPG (326.6 Miles, 10.828 gallons).

This makes me pretty excited since I didn't follow all of the tips yet, just basic stuff like weight reduction, driving no more than 60 MPH, driving barefoot, coasting and timing lights better. Lucky me, this month in VA is cooler than usual so no A/C needed, just the occasional crack of the window at low speeds.

For this next fill up, I'll try to increase the PSI in my tires from 34-35 to maybe 38-39. Also I've paid attention to the roads more carefully and seeing if there are straight long stretches of roads that I can attempt EOC.

I'll have to set my new goal to 35 MPG now. Hopefully I can further adjust my driving style to achieve this. Thanks for reading!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Keep the revs low, engine load high, short shift, and coast yer arse off, and ye shall see more gas stations pass by you between fuel stops. High mileage cars can get great mileage as long as they are well maintained. I don't use EOC, but that might change if I had longer coasting opportunities.

It gets hilly west of Williamsburg, and pretty darn flat to the east. I do enjoy the longer grades out west.

regards
Mech

The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
tienbac2005 (08-20-2013)
Reply  Post New Thread