Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2014, 04:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Mazda5 - '12 Mazda 5
90 day: 25.22 mpg (US)

Big D - '11 Dodge Durango Crew
90 day: 18.75 mpg (US)
Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus Tires

I just wanted to give a quick personal review on these LRR tires. I bought them about 8,000 miles ago and put them on my 05 Civic Sedan. It snowed last night and I finally have driven them in all conditions. Short story, I love these tires. Dry traction, wet traction, light snow traction are all excellent. The car did start to slide in deeper snow, but then again I was going a little faster then I should have been going and expected that... Ice performance, the little I ice I hit, was okay. Then again, I had a set of snow tires on a different front wheel drive car and the ice performance was about the same. For not being snow tires, these did just fine and I would trust them on my wife's Mazda5 in Iowa winters. These tires are quiet enough when driving at highway speeds.

For the gas mileage question, I can't say for sure it increased my gas mileage. The car had three different kinds of tires on it when I bought it so I can't compare. I can say this, I am above the EPA mileage of the car when I drive normally. I have them pumped to 44 psi, sidewall max, and the car just rolls and rolls when coasting in neutral.

I will also say that I am going to get a set of these for the Mazda5 as soon as the current tires on it wear out.

I have experience with an older set of Michelin LRR's. They were loud and didn't do well at all in snow. They also slipped a lot in the rain. Those tires were on a Pacifica I had.

Hopefully this helps anyone in the LRR tire market.

The Following User Says Thank You to sarguy01 For This Useful Post:
RobbMeeX (01-23-2014)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread