Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

VX - '94 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 47.95 mpg (US)
Local forum success

On my local car forum, most of the time people just rip on eachother and argue and about anything/ everything, and make fun of someone any chance that they get. I posted a picture of my Neon in it's full aero modded form expecting to get flamed like crazy, but maybe open up a useful convo. It surprised me when everyone posting so far love it! They are asking about more details, the actual improvement and everything else related to MPG. I think we may even get a few of those guys over here soon. Any 519auto guys seeing this?

Here are some of the responses:

"its not THAT bad. Really hypermiling is starting to gain traction amongst people. Its pretty fun to stretch your fuel economy. Ive beat my EPA on the CRZ many times."

"I like it, but I just would have done different. Lower it, remove mirror..."

"Steve what were your total mpg gains over stock? I'm scaring myself because I'm actually finding this pretty interesting"

I remember an article a while back of guys who wanted to make a 70mpg car, for under 7k, and still do 14 seconds or something in the 1/4. They ended up with a mk3 Golf with a new TDI motor and some aero mods. Pretty cool idea,I think MPG is a total bragging right as much as HP or 1/4 time.

"I think you've actually inspired some people with how much of a difference you've made."

"I'm actually researching how I can do something like what you did to the neon to my newly acquired ugly as sin sentra."

So maybe MPG really is the new HP!

The Following User Says Thank You to 2000neon For This Useful Post:
UltArc (10-09-2012)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread