EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   1997 Civic HX MT (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/1997-civic-hx-mt-16382.html)

Brillo 03-09-2011 01:57 PM

1997 Civic HX MT

5 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

With gas headed back up to US$4/gal I have been considering parting with my 97 Civic HX 5-speed that is in excellent condition. I am a 50-something male who is finding it a bit difficult to get in and out of the car as it is the low slung coupe and I am considering selling it and getting a nice, used 2007/2008 Fit Sport 5-speed (had an '08 bought new and loved it until I decided to forgo car payments).

The HX is in prime shape for selling and has the following attributes:

-Accident/rust free
-Beautiful new PPG Granada Pearl Metallic paint (original color)
-New PPG silver paint on original HX wheels
-New quality aftermarket headlight assemblies in 2008
-New Honda window trim, emblems, and washer nozzles for that factory new look
-Very clean interior with a 2 year old driver side Recaro seat in gray cloth with inflatable lumbar support (matches pretty well - orig seat included)
-New Honda driver side sun visor to replace the floppy original.
-Always covered parking, work and home.
-Recent installation of new NTK O2 sensors, including wide band unit
-New catalytic conv/exhaust manifold replaced by a Honda dealer in 2008 under the extended emissions warranty.
-Mobil 1 5W-30 full synthetic, Red Line MT fluid, DOT 4 brake/clutch fluid flush
-New Honda fuel and air filters, throttle cable, cap and rotor, NGK plug wires.
-Recent Honda timing belt, water pump, cam and crank oil seals, thermostat, Honda coolant.
-Factory A/C
-Recent clutch and T/O bearing replacement
-Recent CV shafts and Bosal exhaust system replacement by PO
-Recent Infinity/Polk speaker upgrade w/ Kenwood head unit
-179,xxx miles
-Confirmed lean burn with MM above 2500 rpm at highway cruise
-~40 mpg avg with best tank avg of 49 MPG w/ moderate hypermiling
-4 good, matching tires
-All service and parts paperwork available, including some from PO
-MPG recorded at each fillup since purchase in 2008
-Clear title on file

VIN# 1HGEJ7120VL043238

This car is a smooth, quiet ride, needs nothing and will make a fine hypermiler for someone. Located in the Atlanta, GA area.

**Addendum**

Hi All,

My HX is officially for sale now, as of March 2013. Just bought a very nice '05 Prius and no longer need the HX. All of the descriptions listed in 2011 apply with the exception that the odometer now reads 199,7xx miles and the asking price is now $4775.

Also, car has four nearly new BF Goodrich Touring T/A tires.

Thanks,
Bill

For sale at best offer over $4000.

This is a very nice looking, running and driving HX that is ready to go anywhere, including on cross country trips. This car will easily top 300,000 miles with regular maintenance.

Call Bill for further details at 770-500-9899.

patinum 03-09-2011 11:59 PM

Sounds like a well taken care of car but a bit high priced. Did a nationwide search for HX's on autotrader and all the cars in that mileage range are between $3k and $4k. Let me know if you drop your price down to that range.

Brillo 03-10-2011 10:31 AM

Thanks for the feedback patinum. It is quite high but the average car in the range you mentioned will likely be in average to below average condition for the mileage/age. This car is exceptional - even went as far as replacing the steering wheel with a factory new unit since the rim had some wear. Not expecting to recoup all of the money put into the car since I acquired it in 2008, just testing the waters to see if I can get a high enough price to justify trading up to a Fit. I also understand that no one wants to pay more than absolutely necessary, self included.

Other than the issue of getting in/out of the car I am very happy with my HX and will likely keep it for a few more years and then sell it in the price range you mentioned. It will be a very nice and sunny weekend - will try to get some quality pics to post later.

caeaves 03-15-2011 10:55 PM

If you have all the paperwork and the pictures show a clean car I would be prepared to offer 5k.

Brillo 03-16-2011 12:47 PM

Thanks for the offer caeaves. Tried to post pics I took this weekend on this forum but got blocked by a security related message. Will respond to you later today via pmail.

MetroMPG 03-16-2011 01:01 PM

Brillo - feel free to make a number of short posts to get past the image restriction, if you want to add pictures to this thread.

(I believe it's lifted after 5 or 10 posts.)

PS - good luck with the sale.

caeaves 03-16-2011 06:37 PM

I also need some more posts.

caeaves 03-16-2011 06:38 PM

I visit Atlanta regularly. I have friends in Duluth.

Brillo 03-16-2011 10:38 PM

Thanks MetroMPG! Test post #1

Brillo 03-16-2011 10:42 PM

Thanks caeaves - I'm in Conyers, which is not too far from Duluth. You are welcome to stop by to check out my HX - just give me a few days notice before your next visit to GA.