EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   2 Teslas spotted in Eastern CT (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/2-teslas-spotted-eastern-ct-26525.html)

brucepick 07-30-2013 01:24 PM

2 Teslas spotted in Eastern CT

IOk, this is not a modding item but I sure was glad to see these.

(Sorry, no pics, gallery link is below)

The rear lettering on these says "TESLA" in fairly widely spaced letters. The model is also designated but you'd need better eyes than mine to read that smaller lettering while moving.

Today I found myself behind a red Tesla roadster with its top down. At one point he took off like a silent rocket. I didn't want to stay nearby very long as he was talking on his phone.

The Tesla roadster is definitely an attention getter. Low, a two seater with very stylish lines. At first I thought it might be a Lotus or a Viper. For pics, see Roadster Image Gallery | Tesla Motors

About a month ago I spotted a Tesla Model S on my way home from work. Not quite the looker that the roadster is but still eye catching.

I also saw Tesla charging stations at a rest stop on I-95 here in Connecticut. They weren't yet operational but I bet they are by now.

NeilBlanchard 07-30-2013 06:37 PM

I saw TWO Tesla Model S's *today*; bringing the total that I have seen 'in the wild' to about 8, I think?

jedi_sol 07-30-2013 07:17 PM

psh, i see at least 4-5 Teslas everyday in so cal ...but i guess its not suprising since they are made in SanFrancisco.

redpoint5 07-30-2013 07:41 PM

I take this for granted in Portland. I'll see a Tesla every time I venture out and about, or see them parked on the street in the neighborhoods. Then I have to point it out to my fiance, who then asks what the significance is. "Is it a hybrid"...

Back when people were excited to have spotted a Leaf in the wild, I couldn't remember a day I hadn't seen one. I suppose living near Portland distorts my perception of how successful these models are overall.

If only I could find one with a For Sale sign...

brucepick 07-31-2013 05:19 AM

Teala's web site has a warranteed used roadster for $57,100, and a few others for a lot more $$$. Ulp.

tjts1 07-31-2013 11:12 AM

I can't step out my front door in west LA without seeing a dozen Teslas. They're outselling all the large BMW/MB/Audis and it shows, they're everywhere. So far my favorite color is grey.

YukonCornelius 08-01-2013 12:42 AM

I think Fisker is where it's at.

some_other_dave 08-01-2013 09:00 PM

Evidently Fisker doesn't.

The Tesla Roadster looks a whole lot like a Lotus--because it is one, except for the drivetrain.

I probably see a half-dozen on my way to work every day. And a similar number on my way back. Working in tech in a very tech-heavy area probably accounts for that.

-soD

RedDevil 08-02-2013 01:57 AM

Wow. Saw my third Fisker Karma yesterday.
The only Tesla I've seen in the flesh was a roadster.
I thought Tesla had a lot more sales here than Fisker.
But the Karma may be more noticeable, it does have a lot of road presence.
One in particular, that went trailing me on the highway for miles, sometimes at a steady pace and reasonable distance, sometimes darting to and fro. Suddenly it went by at a blistering pace, overtaking left and right at the 4 lane highway and it was gone, did not see it again.
The car is still respectable, of course.

YukonCornelius 08-04-2013 03:14 AM

This a pretty cool vid about the Fisker Top Gear Season 18 Episode 4 by vlss222 - Car Videos on StreetFire