EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   2004 Honda Insight Dream car FOR SALE (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/2004-honda-insight-dream-car-sale-29216.html)

PaulChristianson 06-12-2014 07:49 PM

2004 Honda Insight Dream car FOR SALE

I have a dark silver 2004 honda insight sitting and waiting for you to hand me money and take it away. It has around 140000 miles on it. I would love to have the time to fix her back up and have the coolest car on the road again. She has front end damage (a deer bounced off her hood late one night) her engine is shot, and the back window busted. Even with the deer damage we were getting 46mpg and the highest I ever achieved in that car was an even 60 mpg. Like i said i wish i had the time and the tools to fix her. A friend told me to put her up here because somebody here will love her. Given the state of the Insight i think $600 is a fair price for her. Let me know, paul under score christianson at hotmail. com in the 54755 area code

sheepdog 44 06-12-2014 07:53 PM

Location and pictures would be good.

radiantthought 06-12-2014 08:00 PM

He gave the location, Mondovi, WI.

rmay635703 06-12-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulChristianson (Post 429435)
I have a dark silver 2004 honda insight sitting and waiting for you to hand me money and take it away. It has around 140000 miles on it. I would love to have the time to fix her back up and have the coolest car on the road again. She has front end damage (a deer bounced off her hood late one night) her engine is shot, and the back window busted. Even with the deer damage we were getting 46mpg and the highest I ever achieved in that car was an even 60 mpg. Like i said i wish i had the time and the tools to fix her. A friend told me to put her up here because somebody here will love her. Given the state of the Insight i think $600 is a fair price for her. Let me know, paul under score christianson at hotmail. com in the 54755 area code

How did the motor get shot out of curiosity?

I might be interested (if nothing else) to take a look, salvage title or clear?

Also CVT or MT?

Miles when you hit the deer?

Cobb 06-12-2014 09:41 PM

I hope its CVT considering the mpg he said he got. :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmay635703 (Post 429451)
Also CVT or MT?

California98Civic 06-12-2014 09:58 PM

Can't find him on CL out there, or at least not Minneapolis or Eau Claire (nearby).

rmay635703 06-12-2014 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by California98Civic (Post 429466)
Can't find him on CL out there, or at least not Minneapolis or Eau Claire (nearby).

A lot of folks myself included don't waste time putting much on craigslist.

Mainly because the stuff I have nobody wants and because the only responses I get are scam artists.

Wisconsin is a tough area to sell much of anything on craigslist to begin with then add the aggrivation.

Now in terms of buying craigslist is OK but again, nearly nothing of any value locally, only worth it when looking nationwide.

Cheers
Ryan

PaulChristianson 06-13-2014 07:51 PM

Sorry for the delay, i live off grid and only have the net at the library or visiting friends i will respond to all emails shortly.
The car engine went shot in parts. The car hit the deer and put a leak in the radiator. My lovely girlfriend put water in the reserve tank and then we had a freakishly cold winter. The rad. Froze solid at -35 and the engine melted on the way to the mechanic.
It has a cvt.
in the sun of the summer i would get 53ish mpg in the winter was less, 43ish.
The location is slightly north of Mondovi. I didn't post on cl. When the car sells i will let everybody know. I will post a pic in a day or so depending on wifi access.
Clear tittle in hand.
I think that is everybody. Thank you for the interest.

rmay635703 06-13-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulChristianson (Post 429641)
The rad. Froze solid at -35 and the engine melted on the way to the mechanic.

Clear title in hand.
I think that is everybody. Thank you for the interest.

Too bad the block cracked, (or did it seize) if it still had good cams there are a few folks who could use those :)

I've often wondered if a car such as yours could have one oft the bearings left off the motor but the rest removed and run as a pure AC powered ev.

drainoil 06-14-2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmay635703 (Post 429648)
Too bad the block cracked, (or did it seize) if it still had good cams there are a few folks who could use those :)

I've often wondered if a car such as yours could have one oft the bearings left off the motor but the rest removed and run as a pure AC powered ev.

Not sure how far Mondovi is from you. It's about 75 miles from me. If you decide to look at it feel free to pm me. I'd just like to tag along or meet you there to learn more about these cars.