EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Events & Meet-ups (https://ecomodder.com/forum/events-meet-ups.html)
-   -   2010 MPG Rally in Lacey, WA 1 May!!! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/2010-mpg-rally-lacey-wa-1-may-13025.html)

beatr911 04-21-2010 10:52 PM

2010 MPG Rally in Lacey, WA 1 May!!!

Sheesh, sorry for the late notice but the third year of this 91 mile event is almost upon us! If you all can make it I'd love to see you here. If you know of folks in another forum that would be interested please spread the word!

In years past we had all cars and about 6-8 participants. This year I'd like to see some trucks and motorcycles as well to make things interesting. We'll be starting out at about 8:30 to be back in time for the fair and for you to tell the public how you did so well. The whole thing is for public education to show that the driver can make a huge difference in mileage.

Not too many heavily modded cars have shown up in the past. AndrewJ was the most outwardly modded we've had so far and it was a treat to see so many ideas in the flesh.

I hope several of you can make it. Here is a link.
http://www.ci.lacey.wa.us/events/fue...mpg_rally.html

crx driver 10-10-2010 11:54 PM

Any idea when the next one will be held?

beatr911 10-11-2010 12:57 PM

crx driver, It's always the first Saturday of May.

Mark in on your 2011 calendar. It's not only the only MPG event in Washington (that I know of) but the rest of the fair is really interesting as well. Worth a trip to beautiful Lacey.

crx driver 10-11-2010 05:33 PM

thanks beatr911 for the info. I'm very interested to see what it's like next year then. Is there a specific place it's held? Or is that a play it by ear thing? Either way I'm lucky, I live in Lacey:p

thanks

beatr911 10-13-2010 12:44 AM

I really should have added that it is in conjunction with the Alternative fuel fair, located in Huntamer park. I think a link is still in my sig. Hope to see you there!

crx driver 10-13-2010 02:43 AM

Sweet. Thanks again.

crx driver 10-13-2010 02:45 AM

Ok, I got that down. Now another question. Do you know anything about this superMID I've been reading about on here? I can't seem to find mention of it anywhere else and these people posting about it say that it will work on older cars like my crx probably. I'd love to get my hands on one. If you know anything I'd really like to be enlightened. Thanks.

123 12-27-2010 07:19 PM

What time is the MPG Rally going to happen? I really want to go next year and I am trying to plan ahead. Its a 4hr drive with no traffic for me so the more info I have the better. beatr911 the link in your sig does not work, here is the link to next years event. Lacey Alternative Energy Fair | Special Park Events | City of Lacey, Washington, USA

Also you mentioned that there is other MPG events in Washington what might those be?

beatr911 01-05-2011 12:25 AM

Thanks 123, sig updated.

I'm really looking for some help promoting this year as there were only a handful of participants last year. I would also like to get some motorcycles, scooters and hybrids participating to show what can be done with these as well. The goal was to get this going bigger year after year and be a major event at the fair. Fresh ideas on how to do this and to spread the word would really help. It's really alot of fun to meet fellow ecomodders and hypermilers in person, it really is great.

Truth be told, I would like to finally participate this year riding my 200cc supermoto, shooting for 70+mpg. Anyone want to step up? It's easy to run and the 'formula' is open to ecomodding, of course. I'll be around to show you the ropes and help with coordinating with the parks department. PM me if you are willing to commit.

honestabe 01-13-2011 01:36 PM

Is this happening this year?