EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   2011 hyundai accent gl build (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/2011-hyundai-accent-gl-build-33659.html)

johnathanf1lm 04-07-2016 04:24 PM

2011 hyundai accent gl build

Hello i bought this car a month ago. Its a 2011 hyundai accent gl manual. Hatchback, No ac from factory, roll up windows, manual door locks, manual side windows adjust, non anti lock brakes. Ive been getting around 34 mpg with some city and higway, its my first manual so it will get better as i get more used to it. Planned mods are: tune up, get missing tow eye cap ( front bumper) , switch bulbs to leds, then weight reduction and or aero mods. Just wondering if anyone has a accent hatchback and has done any good mods. Also lastly the accent came with a tow hitch, i was wondering if i could tow like a single motorcycle trailer with a bike or just remove the hitch for wieght reduction.

Daox 04-07-2016 05:25 PM

Congrats on the new wheels. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 04-07-2016 06:45 PM

I wouldn't expect a 2011 car to be available without ABS brakes there. But anyway, 34MPG is somewhat low, but when you get more used to manuals it might increase noticeably. Have you already practiced pulse and glide, EOC or any other trick?

niky 04-11-2016 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr (Post 510816)
I wouldn't expect a 2011 car to be available without ABS brakes there. But anyway, 34MPG is somewhat low, but when you get more used to manuals it might increase noticeably. Have you already practiced pulse and glide, EOC or any other trick?

I'm more surprised you can get one without AC.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 04-11-2016 10:37 PM

The lack of ABS brakes still surprises me more than the comfort features. But anyway, with fewer sensors to overcome, it may be even easier to work around the master cylinder (and eventually get rid of the vacuum booster) to keep it requiring the same pressure to be applied either with the engine on or off. And also saving a few ounces :D

johnathanf1lm 04-12-2016 12:36 AM

Yeah it was the last year for no ac option. Where i live in PA there are plenty of hills all with stop signs at the bottom saddly. Pulse and glide you speed up then disengage the clutch and coast to a speed and repeat right?

jcp123 04-12-2016 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niky (Post 511145)
I'm more surprised you can get one without AC.

Yeah the Accent/Rio twins were some of the last cars you could buy without AC. When we bought my wife's Rio, I wanted stick and was told that stick did not come with AC (also a 2011, bought new). For a time they also were available sans power steering. Anyhow, the no AC was a no-go. Ours was as base-model as it got, practically speaking. The auto trans/AC bundle came with no other options at all. Still had manual locks and windows. My nieces were shocked, they (sadly) had never even seen a car without power windows before. Good grief.

But I digress. That Kia really never lived up to the potential I thought it had. It was hard just to break mid-30s!

I should update my siggy...we traded that car a month ago, lol

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 04-13-2016 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcp123 (Post 511337)
My nieces were shocked, they (sadly) had never even seen a car without power windows before.

Power windows are not that great at all. Sometimes I wish my dad's Nissan XTerra had manual windows instead of those power windows that keep failing...

johnathanf1lm 04-13-2016 12:48 AM

Just got 35 on todays fill up. Getting better now hopefully the tune up with give me some more mpg

TimV 04-13-2016 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnathanf1lm (Post 511263)
Yeah it was the last year for no ac option. Where i live in PA there are plenty of hills all with stop signs at the bottom saddly. Pulse and glide you speed up then disengage the clutch and coast to a speed and repeat right?

Accelerate with aroud 70 to 80% load to speed limit (highway to 100km/h or 60mph) then use the clutch to put the shifter in nutrale. Then release the clutch. It is not so good to keeo the clutch pressed in for a long time.
Let yor car flow down unil you find it to low. Then accelerate back.