EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   2015 Honda Fit EX with a CVT (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/2015-honda-fit-ex-cvt-30683.html)

kc750 12-11-2014 09:14 PM

2015 Honda Fit EX with a CVT

Hello Everyone,

I've recently upgraded my ride to a 2015 Honda Fit. I was intending to buy a manual, but when I heard that the 6 speed doesn't have a gear ratio any taller than the 2014s with a 5 speed, I decided to give it a miss. The CVT gets better EPA mileage and makes sense to me from an efficiency point of view even though you have less control over the gear selection.

The EX trim CVT comes with paddle shifters that enable me to temporarily select one of seven preset ratios up or down and also has a Standard mode, which keeps the CVT in one ratio as long as it does not exceed a 'safe' range. The top ratio is still lower than the top ratio in D, so I can't leave the gearbox in S for long.

I'm still breaking the engine in so I'm not exactly babying the engine. I wondered if there was anyone else here on the forum that had a 2015 and what their experience was with the new third generation GK Fit, 2015+. Pearl and I would love to hear back.

KC

niky 12-12-2014 06:50 AM

I haven't done a long term stint with the Fit, but I've driven the sedan variant out here in Asia (I'm on the Fit waiting list, though).

You're correct... manual mode gives you a shorter top gear, so it's not really worth using except when you want to overtake.

-

In my experience, at a steady 50 mph on level ground, well over 50 mpg is possible.

At 60 mph, over 40 mpg is possible.

In traffic, it's better than the old Fit, but not as good as the Mirage. Still... it's a very impressive drivetrain.

-

The new CVT, with its torque converter, is supposed to be more durable than the dry-clutch CVTs Honda has used in the past, but they don't take kindly to being beaten on, and they can get pretty "slushy" in sustained hard driving. Probably not good for the life of the box. Best to take it easy... but if you're an EcoModder, you're probably going to do that, anyway. :D

Daox 12-12-2014 11:05 AM

Congrats on the new Fit KC. You should start a garage entry for it.

awcook 12-12-2014 11:52 AM

Good buy! These new Hondas and their CVTs are really quite impressive. I've seen people who drive like idiots still get 40+ MPG in their new Civic, which has a bigger engine than your Fit. I'm sure you will see 40+ MPG on a consistent basis and probably reach 50-60 MPG if you are careful and do some mods. I would love to see your fuel log for this vehicle.

Fat Charlie 12-12-2014 12:11 PM

Welcome aboard! You've got the first 2015 that I've seen here.

sendler 12-13-2014 07:02 AM

I'm waiting to see when and if the Fit hybrid comes to the USA and how much more it will cost.

sokdo 12-23-2014 12:23 PM

can't wait to see some real world numbers on the new fit

sendler 12-24-2014 06:56 AM

There are 142 2015 Honda Fit's posting on Fuelly.
2015 Honda Fit Mileage
It looks like the standard trans may have slightly better F.E.

UltArc 12-24-2014 07:02 AM

Pictures! :)

I rather enjoy some of the new Fit commercials.

dirtydave 12-24-2014 07:41 AM

Good luck with the new car! bold move with the CVT!