EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories (https://ecomodder.com/forum/success-stories.html)
-   -   600 mile tank! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/600-mile-tank-30623.html)

accord_minded 12-04-2014 08:33 AM

600 mile tank!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All-- I know I've been capable of it since doing some mods in late summer, but finally was able to plan for and eek out a 600 mile tank. Still had a gallon in the tank according to the SG.

Been at a plateau for a while, but am going to try to do some more mods over the winter to get over the 40MPG hump.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/attachmen...3&d=1417699865

Daox 12-04-2014 09:47 AM

Congrats. Oddly that wasn't your best tank though mpg wise.

Fat Charlie 12-04-2014 09:48 AM

Great work! Milestones are fun, aren't they?

kafer65 12-04-2014 10:08 AM

Sweet! I went back over your thread about your mods this summer. They were very similar to mine. I know I appreciate all of the effort you put in to your ABA testing.

I just finished my passenger mirror delete and am pleased with the interior mirrors I have on both sides. I hope to have the driver's side done soon.

What new mods are you planning next? I know I'd like to see an ABA test on a group of mods like rear skirts + tire spats + front arch filler. There is not a lot of substantive positive tests on them that I could find. Maybe together they could see some positive resolution in the group. What say you?

accord_minded 12-04-2014 10:30 AM

timing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daox (Post 458203)
Congrats. Oddly that wasn't your best tank though mpg wise.

Right...I could have made the 600 mile tank earlier, but I was just being careful to make sure I wasn't going to run out before getting to the gas station. Overly cautious maybe?

Thanks for the comment!

MetroMPG 12-04-2014 11:01 AM

Congrats!

kafer65 12-04-2014 11:01 AM

Fixed my previous post. It looked wierd when I reread it. What tires are you using? Is the ride ok or firm with the pressures you're using? One difference I noticed was I'm running 51 psi all around. Its a bit too firm but 49 was pretty good so I may go back to that. That works surprisingly well with the stock Yokos. I doubt it would be this comfortable with the Michelins I've used in the past.

Fat Charlie 12-04-2014 11:34 AM

When you're in record setting territory, being gun shy about passing gas stations isn't overly cautious. My highest mpg tank was 21.9 miles shorter than my longest tank. If I had honestly believed that I still had more than a gallon and a half, I'd have kept going- but the numbers looked too good to be true.

cowmeat 12-04-2014 11:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice one!

When I get to 600 miles, I start checking my gas gauge. If there are three ticks left I keep going, if there are two left I start thinking about getting gas, and bust out my GasBuddy app to see where it's cheap!

accord_minded 12-04-2014 12:06 PM

Next mods....

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafer65 (Post 458208)
Sweet! I went back over your thread about your mods this summer. They were very similar to mine. I know I appreciate all of the effort you put in to your ABA testing.

I just finished my passenger mirror delete and am pleased with the interior mirrors I have on both sides. I hope to have the driver's side done soon.

What new mods are you planning next? I know I'd like to see an ABA test on a group of mods like rear skirts + tire spats + front arch filler. There is not a lot of substantive positive tests on them that I could find. Maybe together they could see some positive resolution in the group. What say you?

Hi Kafer-- Not sure what is next on my list and would love some advice from you all. I am limited by tools and skillz! So, I'm thinking of a front air dam (using the standard garden edging technique) and maybe side rails. Possibly replacing the driver's side exterior mirror with a small motorcycle-sized mirror [not going to remove mirror completely to avoid potential police interest in my vehicle]. Some day I may attempt a Kamback, but that is not in the near future. I also see many posters who say a partial under belly tray is a cinch, but I'm not so sure and I'm wary of that one for now.