EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories (https://ecomodder.com/forum/success-stories.html)
-   -   93.5 Supra TT Auto (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/93-5-supra-tt-auto-7049.html)

dremd 02-09-2009 11:28 AM

93.5 Supra TT Auto

167 Miles on 1/3 of a tank.

Ok, now before you guys start thinking, let me throw in a few data points.

1) We were driving in what Us Supra Guys call "Mexico" (Actually Mississippi).
2) At several points we were doing 100 MPH over the speed limit.
3) Never traveled under the posted limit.
4) Did a few pulls against a ZO6. (no body else "raced")
4) I was the only car that didn't need to refuel.

So lets say that I burnt approx. 1/2 of the fuel that anyone else did. That puts me around 20 mpg vs others 10 mpg so If we use skewed logic we could say that I saved as much fuel as I use in a week or 2, or if you use normal logic you could say that I wasted 1/2 as much as everyone else.

There are a few things we can all learn here.
1) I can still go mad in an automobile (BAD ANDRE!)
2) Eco-Driving applies to driving fast just as much as it does to driving slow.

Regardless I hope that is of use / interest to somebody on this board, I was thinking I would have to post that I had a "Re-Lapse", which is true, but in reality we learned that driving energy efficient applies to high performance just the same.

P.S. There's me in the Blue car. With Concrete on the rims from my Bio-Diesel Garage.
http://gallery.me.com/dremd/100063/P1010017/web.jpg

taco 02-10-2009 01:43 AM

nice car

dremd 02-10-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taco (Post 87140)
nice car

Thanks! It definitely is fun to drive.

ankit 02-10-2009 11:05 PM

definitely a sick car. something i've wanted to own on the side in the future.

ncs 02-11-2009 11:51 AM

I bet it was because you used your tubos. Out of boost, you have a low compression engine with a plugged exhaust(the turbos). In boost, the turbos are scavenging heat to overcome pumping losses.

dremd 02-20-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankit (Post 87274)
definitely a sick car. something i've wanted to own on the side in the future.

They are an emotional vehicle.
To be honest it isn't *THAT* fast, it doesn't look *THAT* good, it doesent handle *THAT* well, and most of all it is built worse than any econobox, all the plastic is cheap plastic crap, it is much heavier than it should be, is very fragile..

But do I ever LOVE them. They just *Feel* great.

dremd 02-20-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncs (Post 87337)
I bet it was because you used your tubos. Out of boost, you have a low compression engine with a plugged exhaust(the turbos). In boost, the turbos are scavenging heat to overcome pumping losses.

I did a lot of coasting, and accelerated where I'd guess peak BSFC would be, easy on the breaks (they suck on that car anyway (fixed now)). Also with no exhaust it is VERY easy to drive with load, in fact it is much easier to drive with load than not to.

dremd 02-20-2009 09:13 PM

Filled it up!
285 miles on 11.6 gallons gives 24.6 mpg fueleconomy.gov list it as 17 City 22 highway 19 combined.

So that is 29% above EPA Not bad at all.

ankit 02-22-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dremd (Post 88808)
Filled it up!
285 miles on 11.6 gallons gives 24.6 mpg fueleconomy.gov list it as 17 City 22 highway 19 combined.

So that is 29% above EPA Not bad at all.

How hard were you trying though? :turtle:

dremd 02-22-2009 09:49 PM

I didn't "try" much at all on the first 167 miles. But I was very mindful of my use of brakes, and carried a heck of a lot of speed through the corners while accelerating around 75% throttle. Bear in mind I kept up (and sometimes surpassed) the rest of the group and their fuel consumption hovered around 10 mpg.

For the remainder of the tank I tried fairly hard, but never drove under the posted limit.

Overall I'd say I used decent hypermiling - the speed part.

I'm rather impressed