EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Forum News & Feedback (https://ecomodder.com/forum/forum-news-feedback.html)
-   -   Addition of "Mod" to Fuel Log (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/addition-mod-fuel-log-27964.html)

UltArc 01-11-2014 10:39 PM

Addition of "Mod" to Fuel Log

Hello, all!

I noticed my fuel log is getting a decent size. I also noticed, MANY other users have MUCH bigger logs.

(Sometimes I am scattered in my thoughts, so stick with me!)

Now I also modify my cars, as do most of the users on here. I post when I do my mods on my main page, so I can remember, and I sometimes try to put them into my fuel log. Looking at the log, it is hard to tell when I put one into play by just the chart.

My idea is this: Like a "Fill Up" goes into the log/chart, can we make an entry for a mod?

In my mind it works out like this. Instead of being a fill up, we click a bubble or button that is for "Modification." This lets us write in what it is. Maybe in blue, a bar (maybe skinnier than a normal green bar) goes from top to bottom. In vertical writing, it says the mod title, for example "Grille Block" or "Underbody 2.0." In a dream world more data could be calculated, or information between/after mods. I am not expecting all of that, but I would like it a lot if we could have the mods dropped in. I think it would also help other people understand our journeys. None of us just woke up and started getting much higher FE, time (driving technique) and modifications got us there/here.

Seeing that jump from a mod, or how it shaped our current FE, would be nice. Just an idea, any and all feedback is welcome.

Another thought is to be able to expand the fuel log in size. Some hardcore people here have unreadable charts from their dedication to the fuel log- it would be cool if we could expand it to a larger size, say by pop up or something more so clever I don't know about.

UltArc 01-13-2014 08:47 PM

I came back to write "Seriously, no one wants this?" but I see there are a couple Thanks. Does anyone have anything to interject? I often think of ideas for the site, but as I think about it, it seems very complicated. This doesn't seem too troublesome...but moderators/admins are welcome to chime in and express it, if so.

One example I think of is when I switched to Premium, and now switching to E0, it would be nice to see the (or if) changes that occurred (or did occur). Well, there are tons examples...one for each mod, actually lol

Gealii 01-13-2014 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltArc (Post 407106)
I came back to write "Seriously, no one wants this?" but I see there are a couple Thanks. Does anyone have anything to interject? I often think of ideas for the site, but as I think about it, it seems very complicated. This doesn't seem too troublesome...but moderators/admins are welcome to chime in and express it, if so.

One example I think of is when I switched to Premium, and now switching to E0, it would be nice to see the (or if) changes that occurred (or did occur). Well, there are tons examples...one for each mod, actually lol

I want this i thought i typed a post for it on this thread, but my laptop likes to screw with me on posts, then i just forget to retype it :p

If you keep getting ideas you should just list em in notepad and post a bunch at once, not all things are as complicated as 1 thinks anymore

UltArc 01-13-2014 09:22 PM

Very true. My creativity for "art" is painting it black, or gray lol.
My creativity for advertising is to display facts lol.

Creativity for innovation? A hair better. (I often do the same, writing a long, detailed, fact & source filled post for me to switch tabs and accidentally delete it, hit refresh, or hit back. Frustration trumps reposting ;) )

wmjinman 01-14-2014 02:51 AM

If I'm understanding what you're saying, I think I might like that. I try to put notes about my changes in the fuel log, but if there was an option to click something to draw a blue line or something - that could relate to a note as to what it represents - - - yeah, I think I'd use that.

Also, I can see a time in the not-so-distant future where my fuel log graph will be so big the lines (bars) are tiny, too. So a way to expand it to a larger view would also be something I'd welcome as well.

euromodder 01-14-2014 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmjinman (Post 407136)
Also, I can see a time in the not-so-distant future where my fuel log graph will be so big the lines (bars) are tiny, too. So a way to expand it to a larger view would also be something I'd welcome as well.

Yeah. +1
Maybe the idea is to get everybody to fill up as little as possible ;)

I like the idea of having a "mod" indication on the fuel graph - even if I don't use it anymore.

Fat Charlie 01-14-2014 09:31 AM

Maybe if the graph worked like a line of text- having a finite amount of space, then beginning another "line" of the graph below. One year's entries might be a good default for a line of the graph.

RedDevil 01-14-2014 10:42 AM

Maybe the entries could show as flags; a vertical line down into the graph as the pole, and a small text field as the flag itself waving well above the graph.
Next flag could be at a different height so they don't overlap.

Maybe have flags in different colors for different purposes.

UltArc 01-14-2014 01:00 PM

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1...aph+Before.jpg

This is kind of what I was thinking for the Mod. At the bottom of each bar, it has our MPG for the tank. Would it work for that to be the name? Since I had to do it line by line and couldn't get the TEXT to work, I just wrote MOD with lines and two circles lol.

But it would also be nice if it could be expanded. I imagine the more experienced people have an even harder time using the graph.

UltArc 01-15-2014 09:30 PM

I was hoping there would be some admin/mod chime in on this topic. Do you guys have any input? I hate to bump this thread up, but I also don't want to forget about it or let it go if there is potential.