EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Alternative Transportation (https://ecomodder.com/forum/alternative-transportation.html)
-   -   All New 12kW Electric Board (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/all-new-12kw-electric-board-27267.html)

PingaAus 10-14-2013 10:16 PM

All New 12kW Electric Board
 
Hi Guys,

This is a little "Alternative EV" project that we have recently finished designing.

With all the commuting electric longboards on the market, we thought we would try to create something a little more than just moving from A to B.

http://i44.tinypic.com/zlf4sz.jpg

Features:
12kW 4WD;
Independent and dynamic suspension;
Independent steering;
E-diff;
Servo controlled damping;
Top speed ~50km/h (31mi/h);
Designed to take a beating from jumps;
Weighing in the order of 15kg.

Of course, protective gear essential.

This is currently being built. You can check out more pics and our video with another model here.

Any comments, questions, feedback are welcome :)

Ryland 10-15-2013 09:26 AM

Cost and range?
My favorite electric skate board throttle design the rider would wear like a ring and move with their thumb.

PingaAus 10-16-2013 08:12 PM

We are still getting all the parts in currently, so price is being worked out. Will know by Nov.
Range depends, because we want to make the batteries modular, so that you can put more in (say if you want to go somewhere a little further away), or take some out (for, say, short period of shredding).
Indicatively, we've played with the board in the park at about 20-30km/h for over 3 hrs without needing a recharge.

Ryland 10-16-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PingaAus (Post 395770)
We are still getting all the parts in currently, so price is being worked out. Will know by Nov.

What is your goal price and margin of error or deluxe and basic price range goals?

Quote:


Range depends, because we want to make the batteries modular, so that you can put more in (say if you want to go somewhere a little further away), or take some out (for, say, short period of shredding).
Indicatively, we've played with the board in the park at about 20-30km/h for over 3 hrs without needing a recharge.
ok... 3 hours with what size pack? how much space/how large of pack can fit?

Lets say I wanted to buy a copy of that prototype with the 20km range, assuming you paid full retail price for the parts and time to build it, I should hope you have a guess at how much, I know you don't want to give a figure that is to far off, but it has to be some where between $1,500 and $6,000

PingaAus 10-17-2013 02:30 AM

At the moment, I can only say that in order of magnitude terms, it should be within the $1K to $5K range. Naturally, if we get enough interest to take this into production, pricing should veer towards the lower end.

PingaAus 10-18-2013 10:10 PM

Also, on our current prototype (Gen1) we are using 6000 mah batteries at 22 volts, but for the next generation we are looking to use 10,000 mah at around 30 volts.

Ryland 10-19-2013 01:39 AM

How stable is it at top speed?
I've seen a handful of boards like this on KickStarter and so on in the $1,500 to $2,000 price range with much lower top speed and less suspension that sold really well, so I think if you can build it, it will sell

PingaAus 10-19-2013 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryland (Post 396057)
How stable is it at top speed?
I've seen a handful of boards like this on KickStarter and so on in the $1,500 to $2,000 price range with much lower top speed and less suspension that sold really well, so I think if you can build it, it will sell

Cheers Ryland.
Yep, we can get to 50km/h stably. Check out our vids for yourself:

Exciting All New Powerboard! The BajaBoard - YouTube
BajaBoard Raw Video Footage Compilation 1 - YouTube

Our first prototype has a calculated top speed of roughly 75km/h, but given that's probably a bit over the top, we decided that 50km/h is probably sensible:)

HydroJim 10-19-2013 07:16 AM

Is this something that I (a person with no boarding experience) could hop on and ride down the street with no problem?

PingaAus 10-19-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HydroJim (Post 396063)
Is this something that I (a person with no boarding experience) could hop on and ride down the street with no problem?

I have to give a politician's answer to that :p

This board should be easier to LEARN for a newbie than normal boards, because a) it'll have better handling due to suspension and, b) the braking mechanism is controlled by hand (can't tell you the trouble I had with learning to properly footbrake at speed when I started skateboarding:eek:).

Can you hop on and ride with 0 experience? That will depend on how good your coordination is I suppose :p

Plus, you'll have to check your local laws to see whether this sorta toy is even allowed on public roads.:(


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com