EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Any truth to "Women Drivers"? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/any-truth-women-drivers-32638.html)

ChewChewTrain 08-24-2015 06:55 PM

Any truth to "Women Drivers"?

As you may have previously read, my sister went ballistic at my EOC driving technique.

Well, today I went for a ride in her car with her driving and was appalled at her lack of "situational awareness". (nevermind her emotional outburst when I politely mentioned something to her)

Then, I noticed her driving style is to turn the steering wheel in 1/4" jerky twists. My sister doesn't steer a car. She aims it.

All this leads me to ask the group, "Do you believe there is any truth to what many say about women drivers"?

Frank Lee 08-24-2015 07:53 PM

Among other things, they seem to use all controls as if they're just on/off switches; gas pedal and brake pedal all on or all off, no gradients. Summer: a/c on full blast; Winter: heat on full blast. Radio: full blast. Following distance to other vehicles, especially when head is stuck to cell phone: about 20". Speed when looking for something: 2 mph; otherwise 85 mph.

But the actuaries say they have fewer or less costly accidents vs guys.

redpoint5 08-24-2015 09:41 PM

My sister rolled the family Camry 5 times on a straight section of road she is very familiar with, on a clear day, with no traffic. She also hit a guy who "took too long to complete his right turn". She has also never learned to ride a bicycle, and I gave up trying to teach her how to drive a manual after she tried to shift 1st to 3rd without using the clutch or letting up on the throttle.

Agree with Frank's comments above about women setting things at all or nothing. My wife is a good driver, but does tend to vacillate between full hot and full cold settings, or between too quiet and too loud.

That said, men are aggressive and get in more serious accidents. I've done 155 MPH on the motorcycle on public roads in my youth, and most women would have no interest in that.

GhostWolfGT 08-25-2015 08:12 AM

I've noticed most females drive very nervous and jerky. My wife is the only one I know that drives as good as I do. But she has a class A CDL. I absolutely REFUSE to ride my my best friends wife. She weaves side to side as if she is bouncing off the painted lines, cuts corners off pavement, sings into her hairbrush, has the A/C on with the windows down, and waits until she is 10' from the line to slam on brakes to stop at a red light. I had to endure this for 2 hours when she came to pick me up when the Jetta broke down.

redneck 08-25-2015 08:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQKlyi_49gA

>

Frank Lee 08-25-2015 08:30 AM

^I don't care who you are, that there takes some extraordinary skill!

Fat Charlie 08-25-2015 09:23 AM

My wife's driving sometimes scares me and my driving sometimes scares her. We're different. Guys mostly hang out with guys and talk about how different other people are. Girls mostly hang out with other girls and do the same thing. Oddly enough, those "other people" are the other sex. It's generally not constructive.

Whether it's natural or just the way we're raised, men tend to be more interested in "things" than women are. So guys, let's just agree that in return for not getting blamed for "obsessing" about the things we care about, we won't blame other people for not obsessing about them, or obsessing about different things. Differences (diversity, if you will) are important: I'm not a boring guy, but if everyone were just like me then it'd be a really boring world.

H-Man 08-25-2015 09:25 AM

Well, she might just be flipping it to install a belly pan. Cheaper than lift time if you don't have someone with a lift owing you a few big favors.

Fat Charlie 08-25-2015 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H-Man (Post 491091)
Well, she might just be flipping it to install a belly pan. Cheaper than lift time if you don't have someone with a lift owing you a few big favors.

Free roof dimpling at the same time!

ChewChewTrain 08-25-2015 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneck (Post 491087)

(woman flips car)

>

Do you realize the depth of physics understanding to be able to perform something like that? If she were to pick up a pool table stick she would likely walk home with everybody's paycheck in one evening.