Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Second time's the charm - '04 Honda Accord EX
90 day: 24.26 mpg (US)

Tengu - '11 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 sport
90 day: 19.73 mpg (US)
Working on 2004 i4 Honda Accord

Hello, I have owned this car for nearly a year. I believe I have every tank fill I've done in the car logged on this website. I've been a little hesitant about doing projects. Luckily, I have an ecomodder friend with the knowledge and will power to push me into completing projects on my car.

I have done a couple of the little things. I removed my mud flaps and bumped tire pressure. I recently changed my oil to synthetic (with the help of said ecomodder friend of course). We made a radiator block a while ago after a behind the grill grill block seemed impossible. After one drive it smelled like burning plastic so that was a no go.

We then went on to create an airdam. I don't have any before pictures of the airdam but initially there was a slight bend in the middle of it that was driving me crazy, I still saw some minimal improvements, but eventually it came off when a part of the air dam popped off. We recently worked on the air dam and got it to be a little bit straighter. It looks much better. It is also why there are a couple of bends near the middle of the air dam in some of the pictures. The solution was putting a small metal band into the curve of the air dam and it worked great.

We also fabricated a grill block, but the fact that it was white bothered me to no end as well. So it remained unattached. As the summer rolled around and my friend and I could meet up again and we painted it black and reattached the grill block.

I am not sure about the future of mechanical projects on the car, but I am loving the the little aerodynamic projects we've done. I think they look good on my car too, which is a bonus all on its own.

As always I am open to suggestions, I would love to hear any of them. I was a little curious about maybe smoothing out those weird ridge things on my front bumper to the right and left of the grill. Anyway thanks for sharing your plethora of car knowledge ecomodder.

p.s. the double stacked image is old, that's why the mudflaps are still on. Plus you can see my old Saab behind the Honda.

Also I am having trouble uploading my images so I am going to link with an image hosting site for now.

car - Imgur

Last edited by AbeisAverage; 07-07-2013 at 05:51 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread