EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Unicorn Corral (https://ecomodder.com/forum/unicorn-corral.html)
-   -   Anyone try water4gas.... (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/anyone-try-water4gas-20377.html)

2010civic 02-02-2012 05:33 PM

Anyone try water4gas....

Well my hypermiling has been working well. I finally made it to 41.4 mpg average. I am pleased. I have however hit a plateau where I am. I get 45-46 MPG on the highway and 38-39 city. I came across an article about this technology (HHO) hydrogen injection which says in the article 30-35% increase. The cost of the kits seem very reasonable, and not difficult. Has anybody tried this or familar with it?

Steve

niky 02-02-2012 05:49 PM

Unicorn corral.

While some people have seen some results with such kits, those people are also using ECU reprogramming, so separating the effects of a tiny bit of extra hydrogen injected into the system from the effects of reprogramming and the effects of possible water vapor injection that goes along with the gases is entirely problematic.

Personally, the whole idea is bogus.

UFO 02-03-2012 12:08 PM

Old old old news. 2010civic, by chance do you live under a rock?

2010civic 02-03-2012 12:40 PM

Well just pardon the heck out of me

It shows you have been here way longer than I, and you have this master eco status, so maybe you know about MPG but you come up very short on manners and respect.

UFO 02-03-2012 03:12 PM

You seem to be saying you just happened to stumble on to this brand new thing, and as one of your first posts here, "what do you all think of it?"

Have you ever heard of lurking/searching before squeeking? You have the tools at hand, please use them and avoid the newbie and/or shill stigma. Just friendly advice, no disrespect intended.

phw 02-03-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010civic (Post 284356)
It shows you have been here way longer than I, and you have this master eco status, so maybe you know about MPG but you come up very short on manners and respect.

Some people know some things BUT NOBODY KNOWS ALL THINGS. Do not let anybody discourage you from asking a simple question.

phw

mcrews 02-03-2012 04:25 PM

look it took .13 seconds to get 69 hit at this forum

water4gas - Google Search

I used the search button.
Mayby this is your first forum in your entire life :rolleyes: but newbe lazyness tends to wear thin.

2010civic 02-03-2012 04:41 PM

Wow I am surprised

Well without trying to explain myself because I won't, maybe I made a bad choice trying to come here and support this forum and board. Wow I don't think I have ever been treated this way and I have been alive 56 years. Well good luck to all. I though folks here were pretty well supportaive of other people trying to learn about hypermiling and eco benefits.

Frank Lee 02-03-2012 04:51 PM

We are, for the most part (scammers and bullishters have a tough time here). Stick around, you WILL learn good things.

Ryland 02-03-2012 05:10 PM

2010civic: I'm a bit shocked at the rudeness as well because most people on here are very polite, with good answers.
But I think a fair number of us have gotten burned out on the quest for a free lunch, there is a nasty pattern of people coming on here and posting questions about hydrogen boost, HHO, browngas, or whatever you want to call it and not believing any of us when we say that it does not work, that there is nothing to back it up and that there is proof that it does not work.

So while your question is reasonable, it has been asked many times and it makes a lot of people feel like banging there head on the wall.

So please forgive the rudeness, if you would like to read more about the de-bunking of hydrogen injection, check out other threads in the Unicorn Corral.