EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed (https://ecomodder.com/forum/hypermiling-ecodrivers-ed.html)
-   -   An Article on Various Fuel Saving Tips (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/article-various-fuel-saving-tips-27905.html)

tylermj23 01-03-2014 05:01 PM

An Article on Various Fuel Saving Tips

Hello fellow ecomodders!

I recently created a new fuel saving article over at hubpages to promote fuel savings on that social network, and I put a plug in for ecomodder to share how great this community has been to help individuals save money on fuel. Here's the link: How to Save Money at the Pump by tylermj23

Cobb 01-03-2014 05:32 PM

11. Store fuel in bulk fuel tanks on your home property?!?!?!

tylermj23 01-04-2014 08:57 AM

Haha yes! Obviously you would probably have to live in a rural area, but it could be a great way to lower the average price paid per gallon as you fill up at the station when prices are low and with your fuel tanks when prices skyrocket.

rmay635703 01-04-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylermj23 (Post 405646)
Haha yes! Obviously you would probably have to live in a rural area, but it could be a great way to lower the average price paid per gallon as you fill up at the station when prices are low and with your fuel tanks when prices skyrocket.

There used to be buying clubs for this purpose, I wonder if they exist anymore? Then you don't personally have to carry the fuel.

Cobb 01-04-2014 06:55 PM

When I worked at bank of america they were all about saving employees on commuting. I mentioned such a club where boa could use their size and power to purchase fuel when it was cheaper or allow employees to prepay, then cash out as they needed it. Never heard back. I asked about a plug in for my phev hybrid and they laid me off. :eek:

deejaaa 01-04-2014 10:12 PM

i've stored bulk diesel, 2 55 gallon barrels in the past. just another advantage to owning an oil burner.

gone-ot 01-04-2014 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobb (Post 405730)
When I worked at bank of america they were all about saving employees on commuting. I mentioned such a club where boa could use their size and power to purchase fuel when it was cheaper or allow employees to prepay, then cash out as they needed it. Never heard back. I asked about a plug in for my phev hybrid and they laid me off. :eek:

Old quote: "...No Good Deed Goes Unpunished..."

tylermj23 01-05-2014 03:42 PM

There's sites like mygallons.com that let you prepay for fuel at current prices then cash out the gallons when the price rises, but I wasn't a fan of there fees. I really like the idea of larger companies having on site fueling at company headquarters. For example, my uncle works for Chrysler and he can fill up for free at headquarters whenever he wishes. It would be a nice benefit to offer employees of larger companies.

Fat Charlie 01-06-2014 08:46 AM

Cobb- your commuting costs did drop, though, right?

Cobb 01-06-2014 06:15 PM

Evil laugh, bababahahahahahahaha :eek:

Yeah, saved me on tolls, food, coffee and money from getting hj's in the parking lot. :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Charlie (Post 405875)
Cobb- your commuting costs did drop, though, right?