EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   General Efficiency Discussion (https://ecomodder.com/forum/general-efficiency-discussion.html)
-   -   Best Fuel Mileage Recording App for iPhone? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/best-fuel-mileage-recording-app-iphone-27490.html)

PAFirefighter11 11-09-2013 07:10 PM

Best Fuel Mileage Recording App for iPhone?

I did a search and had mixed results. I was using Fuel Log on my HTC Thunderbolt, but I have an iPhone now. Just curious what everyone prefers in terms of iPhone fuel mileage recording apps. I would use a pen and pad of paper but I prefer digital tech.

Thanks.

PAFirefighter11 11-12-2013 06:32 PM

No one? I'm shocked.

dmafanp 11-12-2013 06:46 PM

on my i phone i use a few different apps for hypermiling...

i have a scanguage by the way, i use a very simple "milage calculator" just to give me on the go readings it can switch from MPG to LPHkm which is nice

i also use "Height finder" to see the differences in elevation , i live in the mountains so this is handy when i plan routes and i will know what to expect

i also use "convert units" so i can precicisely calculate volume of tank the difference between a gallon and a litre , also the diff in temps ferenheit and celcius

"weather lite" this app will give you a barometer to tell you the direction of the wind and speed very handy on long trips.

theres just a few but as far as plugging your i phone into your car via OBD2 i wouldent do it , your i phone does so much that you will b distracted if you have a instant readout on your i phone, plus you will eat your battery and you dont always have your phone with you..

AntiochOG 11-13-2013 01:59 PM

I use the fuelly app on my iphone, but I prefer to just text my fill-up info to fuelly.

bestclimb 11-13-2013 06:43 PM

no smart phone here but a quick text message to fuelly records my fuel useage.

gk_ghig14 11-16-2013 08:18 PM

I use gas cubby for mine. Works pretty well

whatmaycome14 11-16-2013 08:42 PM

I use an app called "TripLog". Not only do I record all of my trips into it (for work) I also record EVERY time I fill up at the station. I'd be lost without it!

twinair 11-17-2013 12:29 PM

Not sure about the Iphone, but I've been using this bluetooth odb reader and the Torque app on my android phone (but my car already does show mpg, so I primarily used it to watch intake/boost pressure):
Amazon.com: Super Mini ELM327 V1.5 OBD2 OBD-II Bluetooth CAN-BUS Auto Diagnostic Tool for Windows XP, Vista, Win7, OSX and Android: Car Electronics

simon_kruger 07-18-2014 12:24 PM

You can try Vezma as well, They are by far the best mileage/expense tracker i have used and they also have a pretty accurate location sharing feature. They are available on google play, ios as well as blackberry store, you can search em through google and check em out.

some_other_dave 07-18-2014 03:35 PM

I've been using "Gas Tracker", which I think is an iPhone front-end for Fuelly. Works pretty well, and having the data available from everywhere on-line is a nice bonus.

-soD