Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2015, 09:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Dominates Everything - '88 Honda NX650 Dominator
90 day: 50.55 mpg (US)

Mini scooter - '15 Ride E1
90 day: 615.21 mpg (US)

Conor City 350 E-Bike - '03 Conor City 350
90 day: 907.26 mpg (US)

Maxi Scooter - '09 Vectrix VX1 NIckel Nickel
90 day: 233.45 mpg (US)

Vectra B - '01 Opel Vectra B Elegance
90 day: 27.77 mpg (US)
gasoline car. and liquefied petroleum gas.

in Spain. in barcelona.
many years ago. 50 years or more. Cars could run on gas bottles. natural gas. but could only be used in taxis.

About ten years ago they began to drive that can use gasoline sold. and liquefied petroleum gas.
also sold in processing kit for used cars.

I think the liquefied petroleum gas. is different from natural gas.

natural gas from petroleum. GLP will be read.

here is said that GLP pollutes less than using gasoline. or diesel. True or false?

on new cars. Many car manufacturers offer a model that can run on gasoline and LPG. this model is a bit more expensive.

in the last two years I have watched the price of gasoline and GLP.

there are few gas stations that sell GLP.

in these stations, GLP always at half the price than gasoline. These stations are branded and are a bit more expensive.

at a low cost gas station has gasoline and diesel. by 5/15% cheaper than petrol station brand.

GLP using 15% more fuel than using gasoline consumed. and periodic reviews are more expensive than petrol model.

żI can be a saving to buy a car with GLP?

I will not buy a car now. I'm thinking about the future. within a few years.

Many years ago a law was approved to promote the use of alternative fuels. this law taxes were abolished until 1 January 2012. bioethanol, biodiesel and GLP. since 2012 bioethanol (E85) and biodiesel is disappearing. and is more expensive than its gasoline and diesel substitute. an extension of the law of GLP is hoisted. GLP is tax free until January 1, 2018.

Motorcycle:

Scooter:

E-Bike:
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-09-2015, 12:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,447 Posts
Natural Gas is basically methane, while LPG is a mix of Propane and Buthane. Also, LPG is stored at a lower pressure (15 bar for LPG vs. 200 to 240 for CNG) and the LPG setups have fewer safety valves than a CNG setup. CNG itself is also safer due to its higher ignition point compared to LPG.

I have some experience with ethanol because I'm Brazilian, and actually it seems kinda predictable to me that it wouldn't catch up in Europe due to the feedstocks available there. Regarding biodiesel, it's such a shame that it's getting somehow neglected, in part due to problems in vehicles fitted with DPF.

Anyway, if I were looking for a brand-new car in Spain I wouldn't disconsider an LPG-capable one.

Reply  Post New Thread