EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Cd Player Stolen! Glass Broke! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/cd-player-stolen-glass-broke-1320.html)

igo 03-07-2008 04:23 PM

Cd Player Stolen! Glass Broke!

Yeah, last night someone stole my pioneer cd player out of my locked car. They broke out the small window in the rear and I have glass all over my seat:( Oh yeah they took my binder full of CDs too!

I checked ebay. Glass is $33 after shipping and the stock tape player is $19 after shipping. Oh well, life goes on.

SVOboy 03-07-2008 04:35 PM

:( at that, what a troublesome event.

RH77 03-07-2008 04:59 PM

Sorry to hear, man. I'd be quite peaved to say the least.

RH77

H4MM3R 03-07-2008 05:31 PM

I have been broken into three times. It bites!

trebuchet03 03-07-2008 05:34 PM

Bugger.... Someone smashed my rear passenger window and opened up my arm rest storage bin... Looking for an iPod I guess... All they found were a bunch of receipts and two tapes I made myself :p

But, I got a free screwdriver out of it :D

DifferentPointofView 03-07-2008 05:35 PM

yea... that sucks. that's why I always keep mine locked, even in my extremely small place to live. I also wanna tint some windows to hide what goodies I have in there (I think there's more IN the Jeep than what I bought it for).

Thats also why I want a good security system, and why I set a code on my Head Unit, and take my faceplate with me. Even if they get it, they can't use it and the codes have to match the faceplate, as well as putting in the code to do anything with it. I just hope that they don't know how to change or erase the code.

cfg83 03-07-2008 05:45 PM

igo -

Sorry to hear that. I have a cheapy $60 CD player, so I am hoping they won't target me. Wishful thinking, I know.

My CD policy (that I have not implemented very well) is to only have copies of CDs in the car.

Years ago my tape player was stolen from my infamous 2nd Karmann Ghia somewhere in Hollywood. That was the bad news. The good news was that the Ghia caught fire on the way home and I got the Ghia's purchase price back on the insurance settlement. That 2nd Ghia was a piece of junk, so I was better off getting my money back and learning my lesson, DON'T BUY ANOTHER GHIA JUST BECAUSE YOU DESPERATELY MISS YOUR OLD ONE.

CarloSW2

RH77 03-07-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfg83 (Post 13203)
DON'T BUY ANOTHER GHIA JUST BECAUSE YOU DESPERATELY MISS YOUR OLD ONE.

CarloSW2

I'd like to have a Karmann Ghia as a fun project/weekend car -- but around here, they're just too rusted out.

Along the lines of your post -- true story -- a friend went to the boats to gamble and won $100. On the way home, a truck kicked-up a rock and cracked his windshield. Deductible: $100.

RH77

H4MM3R 03-07-2008 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RH77 (Post 13205)
I'd like to have a Karmann Ghia as a fun project/weekend car -- but around here, they're just too rusted out.

Along the lines of your post -- true story -- a friend went to the boats to gamble and won $100. On the way home, a truck kicked-up a rock and cracked his windshield. Deductible: $100.

RH77

Talk about karma;)

cfg83 03-07-2008 06:35 PM

RH77 -

Quote:

Originally Posted by RH77 (Post 13205)

RH77

This is egg-zactly the same kind of thing that happened to my friend that went to Vegas. He won, but had a flat tire during the trip. Soooooo, the winnings went to the tire repair. Wa, wa, waaaaaaaaaaaa (game show you-lose music).

CarloSW2