EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Aerodynamics (https://ecomodder.com/forum/aerodynamics.html)
-   -   Chopped Metro (convertible - seeking possible project advice) (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/chopped-metro-convertible-seeking-possible-project-advice-13407.html)

m4nyt1mes 05-29-2010 01:56 AM

Chopped Metro (convertible - seeking possible project advice)

i found this metro on a search, and i was wondering if anyone had any info on how to do it, who made it, and how easy it would be. not to this extreme, but chopped convertible.
i would like something like this, maybe as a half-tuner car, and i would never really use the "convertible" part, just keep the top up.
also, does anyone know about the back of the car, could rear seats be fabricated easily?
(can't post urls, google image search for "Chop top looks good geo")

Frank Lee 05-29-2010 02:01 AM

yes yes no and yes

m4nyt1mes 05-29-2010 02:04 AM

so...?
(thanks for quick reply btw)

Frank Lee 05-29-2010 02:33 AM

If you have to ask my guess is you really aren't ready to take a project of this magnitude on.

m4nyt1mes 05-29-2010 03:23 AM

it is just a consideration, just looking for something fun/cheap to drive. what would it consist of?

Frank Lee 05-29-2010 01:31 PM

Lots of metal work, glass work, fabrication, and probably expense too even if you do it yourself.

Bicycle Bob 05-29-2010 02:14 PM

If you can't post URLs yet, chop off the ends to get the basic address through. I'm guessing at which Metro you refer to.

m4nyt1mes 05-29-2010 05:26 PM

- - - - - diyelectriccar - - - - /forums/showpost.php?p=162450&postcount=5
wwwdot - - - - - - - -dotcom

as far as i can see, the windshield has been moved back as well as tilted, to accomodate the glass so that the window is technically half way down, which i would think would save some work.

Bicycle Bob 05-29-2010 06:22 PM

That got it. For the idly curious: DIY Electric Car Forums - View Single Post - Geo Metro Convertible

m4nyt1mes 05-29-2010 09:42 PM

thanks. so i was thinking, would it be easier (and probably make the car safer) to remove the bars from the convertible roof, install a set of roll bars in the shape of the roof, then stretch the top over that? then maybe roll the windows up, use a glass cutter and cut the windows to form? i just wouldn't know what to do with the windshield. does the swift 1.3 lose much gas mileage? i would like to keep it as high as possible. also, as i said, not lower it THAT much, but still lowered.
some more points:
- i do not HAVE the car yet, but i need a gas car as i lost my job and cant afford a lot of gas

- this would be a project car until finished, at which time i will dump my current car.

- i have looked at the site where the pics are, but they are just suggestions for someone else's car, nothing about where it came from.