EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Events & Meet-ups (https://ecomodder.com/forum/events-meet-ups.html)
-   -   CincyMPG presents the first annual MPGfest--Mark your calendars, October 12-13 (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/cincympg-presents-first-annual-mpgfest-mark-your-calendars-4910.html)

lamebums 09-02-2008 08:49 PM

CincyMPG presents the first annual MPGfest--Mark your calendars, October 12-13

Double your gas mileage, learn about hybrid vehicles, and so much more! - CincyMPG.com coming soon!

http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/...ylineSmall.JPG

CincyMPG, the new name for the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Hybrid and Hypermiler's Club, is proud to present the first ever annual MPGfest in the historic city of Fort Thomas, Kentucky, barely ten minutes away from downtown Cincinnati. This all-day event will be on Sunday, October 12th from 10 AM until dusk at the Tower Park in Pavilion #2. Food and soft drinks will be provided. Entry is free and open to the public. Our mission is to spread the word about fuel-saving techniques and to make the public more aware of the possibilities and ways to save money, reduce oil imports, and lower emissions, and most importantly to have a good time while doing it.

This will be followed up by a trip to Georgetown, Kentucky on Monday the 13th and there will be a tour of the Toyota plant where Camry hybrid vehicles are made. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the production process of such vehicles up close.

This will be a two day event.

Contact

For MPGfest: Jud ("bestmapman") at (859)-466-6886 or Auston ("lamebums") at (859)-630-1708 of CincyMPG, call with any questions.

For the Georgetown tour on Monday, contact Bob Wilson (bwilson4web). This requires a registration beforehand.

The Schedule

Day One

9:00 AM: Asking that anyone directly involved in MPGfest show up early to help with set-up.
10:00 AM: Registration and meet and greet. Also register for fuel economy challenge in the afternoon.
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: "Meet A Fuel Economist". Currently a VW Jetta TDI, a Prius and an Echo will be on display.
11:00 AM - 11:45 AM: Wayne Gerdes: "Hypermiling: Learn to raise fuel economy and lower emissions in what you drive."
11:45 AM - 12:30 PM: Jay Groh will present the Hymotion PHEV mod to the Prius.

12:30 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch. We will grill burgers and dogs.

1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Driving clinics. These will coincide with the presentations.
Furthermore, Wayne Mitchell (FireEngineer) will do Prius EBH installations all day.

1:00 PM - 1:45 PM: Wayne Mitchell will do a Prius battery teardown.
1:45 PM - 2:30 PM: Brent Quebman: "Hypermiling Your Home Energy."
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Fuel Economy Challenge. A five mile challenge on the streets of Fort Thomas, Kentucky. Specifics to be determined.
5:00 PM until whenever: Conclusion

Day Two

8:45 AM: The people in the Cincinnati area will caravan down to Georgetown.
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM: Arrive at Georgetown plant, meet and greet.
10:30 AM - 12:30 PM: Georgetown plant tour
12:30 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch

Depart to be determined

Directions to Tower Park: From I-471 in Northern Kentucky. Exit 2 Alexandria Pike go east. Travel East 3/4 mile to Grandview. Turn left on Grandview. This is an uphill street. At the top of Grandview turn left on Ft. Thomas Ave. Go four blocks. At the intersection of Hwy 445 River Rd turn right. The right turn is not onto Hwy 445 River Rd., but just past Hwy 445 River Rd. The road doesn't have a street sign, but it goes behind the VA Hospital that is just past River Rd. Take the road toward the back of the VA Hosp and take the first left to go behind the VA Hosp. The picnic shelter is next to the tennis courts and signs will be visible from the road.

http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/...Picnic_map.jpg

I will update this post regularly as more information becomes available.

SVOboy 09-02-2008 09:00 PM

I guess there's an anti-hybridfest faction now?

What're the rules on the FE competition?

Welcome to EM.

lamebums 09-02-2008 09:52 PM

Hi SVOboy--

I'dve responded quicker except I've had endless internet issues for the past week :mad:

The specifics on the FE competition are yet to be determined. Historically we've done five mile runs through Ft. Thomas on surface streets (mostly four lane roads to pre-empt any problems with road ragers). All in Priuses.

This time we might try having everyone just drive their own cars and have the winner based on % of the EPA estimate. I'll see if we can pull it off (we'll need a lot of scangauges).

If all else fails it will be Priuses like before, though.

bestmapman 09-02-2008 10:11 PM

Hi all, CincyMPG is the new name for our Cincinnati area group. For the Fuel Ecomony Challenge the details are not worked out yet. We wanted to get the dates out early, so if anyone was interested in coming they could plan ahead.

greenitup 09-02-2008 10:12 PM

that sounds cool, i wish they had something like that in ct, mass, or rhode island. (^ ^^hint :D)

bestmapman 09-02-2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 58255)
I guess there's an anti-hybridfest faction now?

Actually, we're not anti-hybridfest at all. We just wanted to have our own get together. It is more of a grass roots effort rather than a big deal with all the sponsors and such.

The camry plant tour is pretty cool. I went last year and it was a great thing to see.

ATaylorRacing 09-04-2008 09:43 AM

I'll be drag racing in that area Sat night, but got to go to Great Lakes Dragway in MINN on that day. Got to kick those V8s butts with my 32.8 mpg SRT4 Neon....or...might mess with their heads by bringing out the Geo 3 banger! At least I would not have to worry about traction!

lamebums 09-04-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATaylorRacing (Post 58764)
I'll be drag racing in that area Sat night, but got to go to Great Lakes Dragway in MINN on that day. Got to kick those V8s butts with my 32.8 mpg SRT4 Neon....or...might mess with their heads by bringing out the Geo 3 banger! At least I would not have to worry about traction!

You know, I saw a video on YouTube once where someone dropped the turbo V6 from the Buick GNX into a Geo Metro...the result was a 9 second Geo :eek:

Big Dave 09-09-2008 08:24 PM

Gonna try to make this one.

lamebums 09-13-2008 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dave (Post 60113)
Gonna try to make this one.

Hi Big Dave--

We have at least one guy coming from Indiana as well as two or three from Chicago. It will certainly be interesting to see the FE in an F350 :)