EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Off-Topic Tech (https://ecomodder.com/forum/off-topic-tech.html)
-   -   civic issue (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/civic-issue-21954.html)

mycivic 05-17-2012 09:05 AM

civic issue

Hi! folks... I have a little issue on my hand and wanted to see if any of you guys and gals could steer me in the direction. I have a 1992 civic vx(cali version) . Yesterday I recieved a po7A00 ecu from my brother and when i swap it out with my po7loo ecu it threw the CEL(check engine light), took the car to the shop and they said it was a code 9. If i remember correctly that has to do with your ditributer, odd thing is that when i swap back to my stock ecu(po7loo) the CEL went away. Im not really sure whats wrong with it, and yes my 02sensor is 5wire. Any suggestion? any help would be greatly appreciated........

California98Civic 05-17-2012 11:04 AM

Weren't there two distributor manufacturers for many of the Civics. Is it possible you have an ECU matched for a different distributor? Just speculation. Try d-series.org or honda-tech.com if no better answers emerge from others on the forum.

mycivic 05-17-2012 03:13 PM

hmm.. Never thought of that, so if im correct you are saying that the civic came with 2 distributor, different specs. So should i try the other Distributor and how do I know its the Different one. Will my car go into lean burn with the CEl light on,, Sorry for so many question Im such a noob lol, thanks for the reply. Any help will do....

California98Civic 05-17-2012 04:07 PM

See if others can give you more on this site. But I really think you'll find the best answers on d-series.org and honda-tech.com ... there are some people there with very exact knowledge of these specific engines--people who have forgotten more than I know. If you can get past the haters, the real experts will steer you right. Anyone else here at EM have an answer?

ajjct 05-17-2012 06:21 PM

on the distributor are numbers & letters. to tell differance of the 2 the last # will be a 1 or 2

drmiller100 05-22-2012 10:39 AM

just so we are on the same page, wiht a code 9, cyp, the engine does not start or run, correct?

could be the ecu is bad, could be the distributor is bad. the distributors all wire up the same on the ecu side, and there are only three styles from 88 to 2000 - obd0, obd1, obd2.

TomO 05-22-2012 01:18 PM

IIRC the correct distributor for the VX (d15Z1) is the same as the Si (d16Z6) and should read TDU-42 on the base of it. It is possible that the A00 ECU has a bad circuit for reading the CYP sensor.

Also check for any bent pins or corrsion on the A00 ECU. Take off the screws on the cover of the ECU and look at the board for any burnt components as well.

mycivic 05-23-2012 02:06 AM

THANKS!!.. I check the A00 ecu and couldnt find any problem too:confused:.. i figuerd its not the dizzy becaus if it was other folks would run into this problem too. It seem like my issue is sort of isolated...

mycivic 05-23-2012 02:08 AM

if my ecu is bad is there any way shap or form i can fix it.... or maybe someone in here has a replacement lol

mycivic 05-23-2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmiller100 (Post 308455)
just so we are on the same page, wiht a code 9, cyp, the engine does not start or run, correct?

could be the ecu is bad, could be the distributor is bad. the distributors all wire up the same on the ecu side, and there are only three styles from 88 to 2000 - obd0, obd1, obd2.

It actually starts and run fine, but just with a CEL and i dont think it goes into lean burn with the CEL on..Should it?