Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2015, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

$400.00: 1997 Honda Civic HX Complete Engine Swap

Hi All,

I am new to these forums but not to the community. There are plenty of "ecomodder" builds on Honda-Tech that I've been following and from what I've gathered, it would be sacrilege to just throw the engine away. I will be as detailed as possible - the engine is still in the car at the moment but I will be removing it as soon as I can (limited to weekends due to work).

Reason for sale: The shell itself suffered a life long of exposure to salt which resulted in rust. The trunk pan has rusted completely through, I was going to try to fix it all but ended up losing motivation as a majority of the brake and fuel lines began to leak/rust out. I bought a new daily driver so this car will be used for parts and then junked.

Now onto the details:

- 1997 Honda Civic HX engine with transmission
- 5-Speed manual, will need a new clutch and throwout bearing. There is a slight 'whining' sound in neutral. I was going to fix this but never got around to it
- Leaking oil from the distributor and slightly from the oil pan
- Burns a little oil (less than a quart per 3000 miles)
- Needs tune up, major gaskets, and even a rebuild due to mileage (280K on the odometer)
- All gears go in smoothly and the it has never failed starting... honestly a rock solid engine that just needs some TLC to be in tip top shape again

I stopped driving the car in January and it has sat since. I jump started it two weeks ago and it started up fine. I'll include the long block, transmission, axles, exhaust manifold/cat, full exhaust, mounts, and ECU. I want to keep the engine harness for myself.

This engine is a direct drop in for any 96-00 Civic and with a little bit of work, can be used in a 92-95 Civic as well. I can be reached through PM's here or via email. The price was an arbitrary number. I am open to offers! Pick up is preferred (I am 15 minutes from Boston in the NorthShore Area) but I can deliver for a fee.

Thank you!

Last edited by shinsentuner; 05-11-2015 at 03:03 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread