Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Floe Illustrator Is Down

Just thought I'd let everyone know.. Cheryshenko's Movie maker page is down. Since he only has visitor status where the server is currently located, who knows when, or if, it will be back.

Dang!

It was a wonderful tool for tyros like me. Watching the flows play out in time was a revelation. Even when it was only in 2D it showed how dynamic ground effect airflow is. Most of us consider ourselves lucky to get "stills".

Got me to thinking..(danger!) A microphone and a recording device might be a very useful tool for pinpointing vortices. When watching footraces you could always tell the front runners (usually Kenyans) by their sound, or rather the lack of it, in contast to sloggers like me.

Just like heat, acoustic energy is wasted energy.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Dr. Chernyshenko has asked anyone who is interested in seeing Flow Illustrator (Sorry about the typo in the topic title) revived to contact him directly. Here's the address.

s.chernyshenko@imperial.ac.uk
Old 11-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

There is now a Flow Illustrator mailing list for a beta of a standalone version. If you have written to Dr. Chernyshenko about FI in the past please check your inbox for an invite and respond at least once to the list so they have an idea of actual interest.

-GMPG

Reply  Post New Thread