Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2020, 02:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Pro

Smile The best carb if not using FI.

Way back in 1957 Ford had their engineers design the best carb ever for atomizing fuel, and the Autolite 2100 two barrel/4100 four barrel came to be. The short version is, prior to this design carbs inserted fuel into the venturi airstream from the sidewall of the carb with a small hole that allowed droplets of fuel to be sucked into the airstream. The Autolite has a round part directly in the middle of the airstream with multiple finer holes that allow a finer "mist" into the air so it is basically a vapor upon entering the venturi. Liquid gas will not burn but vapor does. This design can be seen in modern Holley carbs and it actually does several things that help. Because vapor burns better, low end torque improves, horsepower increases, AND MPG is better. One other benefit is the engine runs cleaner due to more complete combustion. Don't freak-out on me, but the old points ignition makes a longer spark by design, so my Ford 2.3 out of a 1985 Mustang now has a modified points ignition. Why was MSD invented? Multiple Spark Discharge (MSD) is an effort to duplicate the long spark of points...I'll explain in a different post. With a hotter coil, lower ohms ignition resistor, copper wires, and platinum/Iridium plugs gapped a couple thousands wider, I have a very good HOT-LONG spark, and NO COMPUTERS. I do NOT hate computers.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread