EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Communication is hard! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/communication-hard-37868.html)

Xist 10-01-2019 05:23 AM

Communication is hard!

My supervisor just rejected four sets of notes. Somehow I missed something that we were told to include three months ago. I do not know how I went three months without catching that, except that part does not change from week to week, so I probably do not check it very closely, but it probably should have taken her less than three months to catch it.

My supervisor has now rejected the same set of notes twice. I originally submitted notes including "Client has maintained 100% accuracy for 3 consecutive sessions asking the therapist Wh- questions, following conditional directions. and sequencing stories." She rejected the notes saying "Please edit so that it makes sense." I changed it to "Client has maintained 100% accuracy for 3 consecutive sessions for the following three goals: Asking the therapist Wh- questions, following conditional directions. and sequencing stories." She rejected it again and wrote "You did not repair the sentence."

I asked what part of it was unclear and she responded with a blank message.

I just want to submit good notes and go to bed, but I do not know what she wants.

iikhod 10-01-2019 08:43 AM

Must be infuriating.

All Darc 10-01-2019 09:11 AM

It could be worse...
She could acuse you of mansplaining.

jjackstone 10-01-2019 09:43 AM

Tell her that you must have missed something and could she please point you to the proper formatting. If that doesn't work then she is likely just trying to exert her power over you. Seen it before.
JJ

All Darc 10-01-2019 09:57 AM

Really??

I imagined it would be against the laws of feminism thermodynamics.

:D

Ok, seriously speaking... Many conflits without rational reason, of man to women or women to man, have some subconscious sexual tension involved.
Many man are angry towards beautiful women, if he feels she is outside of his reach. Some woman feel the same to some man, or towartds younger man, especially if her marriage it's not going well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjackstone (Post 608039)
Tell her that you must have missed something and could she please point you to the proper formatting. If that doesn't work then she is likely just trying to exert her power over you. Seen it before.
JJ

Xist 10-01-2019 11:06 AM

I sure hope there isn't anything weird, she is old enough to be my mother!

As I mentioned, I asked what part of it was unclear and she responded with a blank message. However, she sent text messages, as well as an e-mail, and messages through the site we use for paperwork. PushBullet did not show me the text messages and I did not check my messages until I was going to bed (hours too late), she wrote: "I didn't see the correction."

I do not understand how the original part did not make sense. Maybe the expanded version still did not make sense to her, but it kind of sounds like it was similar, so she did not think that I changed anything. She also wrote "I'll be up early to review them and submit them in time for payroll I believe the deadline is 9:00 a.m."

It is 8:05 and she has not approved any notes that I submitted after she e-mailed me.

oil pan 4 10-01-2019 11:26 AM

Ask her in a week.

Stubby79 10-01-2019 11:57 AM

Pretend, for a moment, that she is a complete idiot and needs everything spelled out for her...in other words, if the reader was someone who knew nothing about what is what, would they be able understand what you wrote?

Xist 10-01-2019 12:09 PM

I do not know that we could dumb down our records enough for a complete idiot, we are just supposed to write professionally. My supervisor would yell at me if she thought I wrote anything that I could not defend to a parent or the government. However, if a parent had a question, we would do everything we could to answer it.

Despite asking my supervisor what she did not understand multiple times, all that she wrote me this morning was "I think you still have three notes to resubmit." at 8:38. I split that line into three different sentences and she approved the notes, but she often tells me things like "You had a double period, but I approved it because there was not enough time to approve it."

She had approved all of my other notes, so if nothing else, it would have made more sense for her to write "I think you still have a set of notes to resubmit."

The thing is, unless she wants to go through this again, potentially multiple times, she really needs to explain the issue.

redpoint5 10-01-2019 12:42 PM

It's not correct to begin a sentence with "and", while also not capitalizing the first letter. You've got above average English writing skill though. Most written work is pointless busy work though. Who is going to be reading any of this again? It's like the job exists to write words that must be reviewed by another job, and then filed into a black hole to never be seen again. At least, that's what the worst part of my job is.

My suggestion would be to type up your notes in a word processor that does spelling, punctuation, and grammar correction first, then copy/paste it into your note. Then if she has an issue, tell her to take it up with Microsoft.