EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Did you seriously forget?! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/did-you-seriously-forget-28462.html)

UltArc 03-16-2014 02:42 PM

Did you seriously forget?!

I tried to make this catchy to bring attention...

Our teams are pitiful! Honda and Toyota are doing alright, but the rest seem to be slacking. For those that support the garage with their vehicles and support their fuel logs with updates, why not take a moment to join a fitting team?

EcoModder Team Competition

Personally, I would prefer mod approval before team creation occurs so it doesn't get diluted too much- it seems like people were making them and then leaving/fading away, but that's just my personal opinion. Hope others will be joining and keeping their garages up :thumbup:

sarguy01 03-16-2014 02:50 PM

Yeah, within Team Honda I am doing terrible with 39 mpg!!

It's pretty good though that Team Honda is so high up with 28 members.

cbaber 03-16-2014 05:24 PM

I agree, I think the Admins should create the teams based on vehicle make and then folks can join. And users can request specialty groups if there is enough demand.

Gealii 03-16-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbaber (Post 415561)
I agree, I think the Admins should create the teams based on vehicle make and then folks can join. And users can request specialty groups if there is enough demand.

Agreed

what needs to happen is just wipe all the teams and just create teams based on manufacturer and say 1 solo truck team, 1 motorcycle

UltArc 03-16-2014 05:59 PM

I like there being a Mustang team- we had almost double digits at one point. But why should there be a Mustang team if there isn't a Camaro team? If Mustangs and Camaros get it, why not Fits? Insights deserve one, too. Well hey, there are more Honda Civics than those, why not a team?

That is why I was hesitant to say anything...but I really want to encourage more use of it. I feel like we have a few great portions of the site that are often neglected- Teams, Tools, top efficient vehicles- things that are here but not in direct site, so I am glad more attention is going to it.

HydroJim 03-16-2014 07:58 PM

Once I'm old enough to open a checking account so that I can get a debit/credit card so I can accurately measure my fuel economy...

sarguy01 03-16-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HydroJim (Post 415589)
Once I'm old enough to open a checking account so that I can get a debit/credit card so I can accurately measure my fuel economy...

You can always bring cash into the gas station, fill it, then go back in for change.

UltArc 03-16-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

What? I don't understand why this would stop you from joining a team- unless I missed something. :confused:

Gealii 03-16-2014 08:32 PM

Quote:

Not smart typically gas stations charge an extra 6-10 cents a gallon for buying with credit at the machine. I always pay cash when i fill up it helps when its an attendant only station, by choice and the gas costs the same per gal.

HydroJim 03-16-2014 09:18 PM

I never thought about that. I've always just put $25 in my tank... :rolleyes:

cbaber 03-16-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gealii (Post 415600)
Not smart typically gas stations charge an extra 6-10 cents a gallon for buying with credit at the machine. I always pay cash when i fill up it helps when its an attendant only station, by choice and the gas costs the same per gal.

I would be finding another gas station. I've never been charged more for using my debit/credit card at a gas station. I have seen prices advertised lower for cash, but only at truck stops. They want you to use cash because they have to pay a small credit card processing fee, and because gas stations make their $$$ off the crap they sell in the store.

UltArc 03-16-2014 10:33 PM

Certain cards offer cash back at gas stations. My AMEX does 6% back, so if gas was only $3.00 a gallon, the "cash discount" would need to exceed $0.18. Just something to think about, if you are disciplined enough to set aside the money and pay it off each month.

And I couldn't imagine not filling up each time! How would I know my fuel economy for the tank!?:eek:

UltArc 03-16-2014 10:38 PM

This thread has helped two people join - hope we keep it alive for a bit, and encourage more.:thumbup:

May need a monthly revival, for new people, too.

NachtRitter 03-17-2014 12:10 AM

Currently am a team of 1 but sitting at #2 in 4+ wheels teams... Don't join unless you can help! j/k, of course :D

cowmeat 03-17-2014 05:47 AM

Team Festiva FTW!
There's like at least two or three of us active. . . .

Fat Charlie 03-17-2014 12:15 PM

Model specific is cool. Type specific is cool too- My Xterra felt more at home in the now empty Team SUV that it would have in Team Nissan.

Al III feels at home in Team Honda and wouldn't leave to join a Team Fit- although if the Civics felt otherwise and started Team Civic he wouldn't follow them.

UltArc 03-17-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Charlie (Post 415678)
Model specific is cool. Type specific is cool too- My Xterra felt more at home in the now empty Team SUV that it would have in Team Nissan.

Al III feels at home in Team Honda and wouldn't leave to join a Team Fit- although if the Civics felt otherwise and started Team Civic he wouldn't follow them.

Lol, I believe it is enabled to be on more than one team. The Mustang is on team Mustang and Team Ford.

poomanchu 03-17-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gealii (Post 415600)

Wow they sure do things a bit different in your neck of the woods. Been to many many states and stations, never once got charged extra due to using a card.

UltArc 03-17-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poomanchu (Post 415685)
Wow they sure do things a bit different in your neck of the woods. Been to many many states and stations, never once got charged extra due to using a card.

I believe it is still illegal to charge more for a card- but it is acceptable to offer a cash discount. I'd have to check my federal laws, but I don't enforce federal law, either.

Around me some places do offer a cash discount.

Gealii 03-17-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltArc (Post 415794)
I believe it is still illegal to charge more for a card- but it is acceptable to offer a cash discount. I'd have to check my federal laws, but I don't enforce federal law, either.

Around me some places do offer a cash discount.

It wouldn't be illegal based on the price advertised would be the cash discount...so many loopholes in this gov't of ours only hurts the average person

Xist 03-18-2014 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gealii (Post 415803)
It wouldn't be illegal based on the price advertised would be the cash discount...so many loopholes in this gov't of ours only hurts the average person

Meanwhile most people think that they are better than average and are bad at math.