EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Do you eat your avocado with sugar? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/do-you-eat-your-avocado-sugar-40522.html)

Xist 10-01-2022 01:23 PM

Do you eat your avocado with sugar?

People do this any other way?!

Cd 10-01-2022 02:51 PM

Try one in a smoothie.
My dad was bored one day and put one in a smoothie as a joke.
No joke, it adds quite a bit of rich texture to the smoothie, and if you have a banana ( best frozen ) the taste and texture becomes like ice cream.
All without any added sugar.
I came across some extra large avocados ' tropical avocados' that have a sweet flavor ( but not like fruit - i use them on salty sandwiches )
The best thing about the tropical avocados, is that they are the size of my outstretched hand and sell for $2, while Hass avocados sell for $1.75 and are the size of a lemon .
( With 3 out of 5 being rotten or all seed )

Never tried one with sugar. I just might do that next time I have one.

redpoint5 10-01-2022 03:19 PM

Do you eat ice cream with milk?
Do you put an ice cube in your milk as a beverage?
Do you pour raw egg on your rice?
Do you drink your Scotch neat, at room temperature?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cd (Post 675157)
The best thing about the tropical avocados, is that they are the size of my outstretched hand and sell for $2

I bought an enormous avocado once and it was very watery and lacked flavor. Not sure if that's normal for the species, or if I just got a dud. Mostly I hate avocado prices because paying a dollar anything for them is outrageous.

Go to South America and you can probably buy a burlap bag full of avocados for $4.

freebeard 10-01-2022 03:28 PM

Quote:

People do this any other way?!
I don't recall the last time I ate any, but I know I have.

In the 1970s I worked alongside a carpenter from California. At lunch he would cut an avacado in half and eat it with a spoon.

Xist 10-01-2022 06:08 PM

I haven't seen any large avocados, but Mom bought me an enormous mango, which I ate for lunch today.

I kind of wanted some protein. Oh well! :)

One can make an ice cream facsimile just by blending frozen bananas and cocoa powder.

Piotrsko 10-02-2022 10:09 AM

Where would one actually buy such a tropical avocado? I have never seen one or if I have it escaped my attention. I know the local hispanic store I frequent imports them, but they aren't large, just normal sized.

Yes I put milk in a glass with ice cream then mix them into literally a milkshake; makes a better ice headache
Whole milk and icecubes ends up tasting like colder skim milk
The flavor of eggs makes me puke. If I cant taste them then all is well.
I like a lot of adult beverages at room temp: scotts whiskey, irish whiskey, bourbon, brandy, Schnapps, porters and stouts.

Many SOCAL people had avacado trees on or near their domicile and upped their consumption as a result. I can't see why anyone eats something with the taste and texture of an artist's pastel stick but my wife's family love them.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 10-04-2022 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xist (Post 675164)
I haven't seen any large avocados

I remember harvesting some at my late grandma's house when I was a teen.

Quote:

but Mom bought me an enormous mango, which I ate for lunch today.
When I was a toddler in Manaus, there was an enormous mango tree in the backyard of the house I lived. During the season a lot of mangoes would fall, then my father collected them and simply gave them away to a Japanese lady who owned a mini market. Didn't even charge the lady for the mangoes, as he just needed them gone instead of leaving them to rot away in the backyard. Back in the day, a dedicated-ethanol Ford Corcel was the only car at home, so maybe it could've been worth attempting to homebrew ethanol with some of those mangoes...

Quote:

One can make an ice cream facsimile just by blending frozen bananas and cocoa powder.
Banana is not my favorite fruit. The way I eat it more often is unripe, sliced and deep-fried like potato chips. That was quite common in Amazon when I was a kid, and only recently it became more common nationwide as a "fit" alternative to potato chips...

Xist 10-04-2022 02:02 AM

Great Story, Senhor Galo, but do you or do you not eat your avocados with sugar?! :)

redpoint5 10-04-2022 11:12 AM

I'm not wealthy enough to just eat avocados as a snack, so adding anything to it never crossed my mind.

I cut them up as a topping on less expensive food.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 10-08-2022 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xist (Post 675265)
Great Story, Senhor Galo, but do you or do you not eat your avocados with sugar?! :)

I don't even remember what is the taste of an avocado, but in Brazil it's usual not only to add sugar to it, some people always pour lime juice over a half of an avocado before eating it.