EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Does your driver's license show your weight? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/does-your-drivers-license-show-your-weight-29096.html)

Xist 05-29-2014 11:53 AM

Does your driver's license show your weight?

I am having a strange conversation with a strange girl, but she mentioned that her state stopped putting the weight on driver's licenses because nobody told the truth. I keep saying that I cannot imagine any reason for me to lie, but I am a man.

She said the only reason to keep it there would be if they weighed them there and then people would not be renewing their licenses.

Or women wouldn't...

Burton 05-29-2014 12:17 PM

I don't see any weight indicator on mine and I know it was there before in the past. I am sure if you were to scan the license into the card scanner it show the weight though as it is still on the forum if I recall.

jamesqf 05-29-2014 12:32 PM

What fraction of the population even knows how much they weigh, to within 10-20 lbs or so? And what fraction would see it change by more than that during the period between renewals?

And what business is it of the government's, anyway? Weight doesn't affect your driving ability.

California98Civic 05-29-2014 12:37 PM

Cali shows weight.

euromodder 05-29-2014 01:18 PM

What's the bl**dy point of putting something as variable as one's weight on a driver's licence ?

Even the EU Nanny states don't do so.
Now let's not give any ideas ...

ecomodded 05-29-2014 01:50 PM

The Face usually shows a person weight
Not always but close enough that the police or Bank teller can tell if your a fatty of sorts or not , they could also look at you and see the bulk you so want to conceal..

Xist 05-29-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesqf (Post 426977)
What fraction of the population even knows how much they weigh, to within 10-20 lbs or so?

I have always known my weight to a much closer margin than that.

I weigh 190 pounds. Shall I post that on Facebook?

It does not bother me.

They could just build a scale into the floor in front of the counter, then they would never need to even ask you to step anywhere, but it might be curious "Ma'am, that purse looks pretty big. You might want to set it down for a moment."

"Sir, that is an adorable little girl on your shoulders. Can you have her stand for a second?"

XYZ 05-29-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xist (Post 426971)
I am having a strange conversation with a strange girl, but she mentioned that her state stopped putting the weight on driver's licenses because nobody told the truth. I keep saying that I cannot imagine any reason for me to lie, but I am a man.

She said the only reason to keep it there would be if they weighed them there and then people would not be renewing their licenses.

Or women wouldn't...

I don't know of any state that requires or records your body weight on your driver's license.

It seems your "strange girl" is 'pulling your leg' - or perhaps another body appendage? :rolleyes:

OTOH, when you register a vehicle in most states, the DMV form does require you to state the "unladen body weight" of the vehicle.

Xist 05-29-2014 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XYZ (Post 427096)
I don't know of any state that requires or records your body weight on your driver's license.

It seems your "strange girl" is 'pulling your leg' - or perhaps another body appendage? :rolleyes:

OTOH, when you register a vehicle in most states, the DMV form does require you to state the "unladen body weight" of the vehicle.

My Arizona license says "Weight 190."

Simonas 05-30-2014 02:13 AM

I think SC had the weight on the license, or was it on the permit...???