EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   EcoModder isn't at war with anybody (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ecomodder-isnt-war-anybody-9746.html)

SVOboy 08-20-2009 05:07 AM

EcoModder isn't at war with anybody

Darin can delete my post or say more if he wants. To be honest, I should wait for his opinion on the matter but I feel strongly and want to say something.

I've seen things around the net likening some sort "struggle" in the fuel economy community to a "war." Some of you may have also seen this or heard things about it.

However, I just want to say that we're not at war with anybody, and we don't have any desire to do anything but get along. Everyone I've met at things like the green grand prix and hybrid fest has been nice, so I don't see the point about turning something into a big internet fight as if there was really anything to worry about.

I'll reiterate: I've never had an unpleasant experience with anyone interested in FE economy that I've actually talked to. I try to get along, so if you have a problem for some reason I don't see what is wrong with talking it out and such rather than going and getting upset.

I hope you all share this sentiment, and if you have no idea what I'm talking about I hope you can take away from this at least that we're just interested in fuel economy and helping others out who are interested too, not kicking over someone else's sandcastle.

:turtle::turtle:

tasdrouille 08-20-2009 07:12 AM

I try to get along myself everywhere I go, but I can't stand people with an attitude and a big ego. I've only had good real life experiences with people I've actually met from online communities in the past. But then again I've never met in real life with someone I didn't like online either.

gone-ot 08-20-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 122443)
...not kicking over someone else's sandcastle.

:turtle::turtle:

...uh, but can I at least 'gloat' as the tide comes in and washes their sandcastle away (wink,wink)?

...metaphorically speaking, of course?!?

bgd73 08-20-2009 11:52 PM

this place has been nothing but friendly. I do like facts, even if it is a stab at ego or "war maker". strong arguments in truth, it can create a friction, like an inline fours hopeless life. :p

roflwaffle 08-21-2009 12:26 AM

First time I've heard about it. Do ya have any pertinent links?

jkp1187 08-21-2009 08:00 AM

Huh???

blueflame 08-22-2009 02:08 AM

My Dutch dad and his friends would always start raising their voices when they really got going.

As a kid it used to scare me a little and I'd say that the one who was the loudest was winning the argument.

An outsider would have thought that they were about to kill each other.

Cultural perspectives are relative....

Make up sex is awesome.....

Christ 08-22-2009 02:14 AM

War? Nah.

I'm sorry, if you want a war, you'll have to wait until I finish this tank of fuel... I'm on a roll, here, and don't want to mess up mid-tank. ;)

SVOboy 08-22-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christ (Post 122887)
War? Nah.

I'm sorry, if you want a war, you'll have to wait until I finish this tank of fuel... I'm on a roll, here, and don't want to mess up mid-tank. ;)

You have no idea how good the tank I'ven't put into the fuel logs yet was!

bluetwo 08-22-2009 10:19 PM

I used to be a Subaru guy and anyone who is being honest about it will tell you NASIOC is one of the most dramatic and anal boards on the internet. I got tired of all the drama and skirmishes and what have you there and just quit logging on.

One thing we all need is the benefit of the doubt but unfortunately there too many people that are quick to jump all over something you posted when they shouldn't be automatically assuming the worst. It's not just here but on all message boards, even though I only frequent the ones that pride themselves on being civil.