EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Forum News & Feedback (https://ecomodder.com/forum/forum-news-feedback.html)
-   -   ecomodder page loading? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ecomodder-page-loading-10724.html)

pgfpro 10-23-2009 03:43 PM

ecomodder page loading?

Is anyone else having a problem with the page loading at a very slow rate???

Frank Lee 10-23-2009 04:41 PM

Always and forever.

I always have to "trick it" into finishing it's GD business (whatever that is) by giving it a moment to load, then selecting "work offline", then after a moment back to "work online".

I don't have to do that monkey business on many other sites.

gone-ot 10-23-2009 11:01 PM

...there seems to be a LOT of background hashing/cashing going before anything meaningful pops up after the initial banner is loaded.

...and, I too, only experience this on this site.

Piwoslaw 10-24-2009 03:27 AM

When it takes a long time I usually see that it's waiting for googleads. Same with many other sites with ads. Those seem to take the most time.
On the other hand, EM.com is seeing a lot of traffic, so that may also be the culprit.
I'd like an option for not showing pictures in posts. Only a frame which you click on to start loading the pic, something like what Flashblock does to flashs and YouTube movies. This helps keep traffic to a minimum.

Frank Lee 10-24-2009 03:35 AM

traffic level has no effect on page load speed on my system.

it fools around when the header is loading too- presumably before google ads? i get to sit and watch the top of the fuzzy metro face form... then the em logo... then the bottom parts of the Metro and logo... then maybe, someday, the page content... :mad:

wagonman76 10-26-2009 12:19 PM

Yes, and for me it is only this site. Does not matter if I am at home on the 28.8 connection, or at work on the T1 line. Goes just as slow, and I agree on the background stuff going on before anything pops up after the title. A lot of time pages don't load at all and I have to just forget it and come back, if I have time. But I like the site so I keep trying.

Then when I come back, it assumes I have read all new threads in the last visit, so it's like hurry and try to read them all while I am on. I started a thread about this and didn't get a response. http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ages-6831.html I would think it is possible since other forums I visit can do this.

FastPlastic 10-26-2009 01:01 PM

Mine seems a little slow for what it loads, but the big thing I've been running in to is it never stops loading. I'll get the whole page but the Firefox loading icon just keeps spinning like it's still waiting on something.

Don't know if it's related or not but after inspecting a few pages in FireBug I'm getting an error that looks like this:

dartMotifCreatives is not defined
globalTemplate_27_01.js()()
for(var i = 0; i < dartMotifCreatives.length; i++) {

globalTe..._27_01.js (line 1944)

Piwoslaw 10-27-2009 02:39 AM

I'd like a plain text version. No banners, no images, no avatars and signitures, just the minimum. I can tolerate text ads if it's for an important cause...

Christ 10-27-2009 12:11 PM

I Don't have a problem with page load times, I just have a problem with not being able to upload more than one pic at a time into albums.

If I put in 3 diff pics, the thing loads forever, then when the new page comes up, where you name/describe the photos, only one of the pics shows up, if the page ever actually loads. Often, I have to F5, then I get the name/descrip page, but only the first pic in the list has ever uploaded.

TomO 10-27-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piwoslaw (Post 136217)
I'd like a plain text version. No banners, no images, no avatars and signitures, just the minimum. I can tolerate text ads if it's for an important cause...

there is the option to turn off Avatars, pictures, and signatures in your "User CP", under "Edit Options"