EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Ecomodding goals / resolutions for 2016? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ecomodding-goals-resolutions-2016-a-33299.html)

Daox 01-04-2016 11:29 AM

Ecomodding goals / resolutions for 2016?

We pretty much do this every year, but I couldn't find the link back to the 2015 thread... If someone has it please post it.

Anyway, what are your ecomodding goals for 2016?

I believe last year I kept it simple and said that I'd like to use less fuel than the year before. I'll have to look at my fuel logs to know for sure, but I think I achieved this.

For 2016, I would like to continue that same goal. I'm all over the map at this point weather the Metro is going to stay or go, and if it goes I don't know if the new car will be gas or electric. So, I'll stick with 'use less gas'. :)

user removed 01-04-2016 12:16 PM

Drive the Mirage, work on the trike. Not sure what the final configuration will be.

regards
mech

Fat Charlie 01-04-2016 12:25 PM

Moving mods off the back burner. I still haven't dug into the dash to disconnect the AC coming on when defrost is selected. And I've got that lovely 3-D printed shift knob kill switch that I haven't wired in yet.

Working closer to home is a pipe dream, but it's a good one.

freebeard 01-04-2016 01:39 PM

My hope for 2016 is to see Arcimoto ship product.

aerohead 01-04-2016 04:19 PM

*keep the T-100 running
*get the new mods done in time for DARKO
*get the model constructed
*do DARKO 'n see what that looks like numbers wise.
*accumulate mpg numbers on the trip
*liquidate the Dodge truck
*liquidate the VW bus
*improve on shop
*keep studying
*list is too long to mention:p

cowmeat 01-04-2016 05:30 PM

By the end of the year I plan to have an EV for my daily driver, probably a used Leaf.

My commute hasn't changed for years, and I don't see it changing in the near future, so I might as well go from using very little gas to using NO gas. The miles of my daily commute are perfect for a Leaf's capacity, so if I find a good deal out there I'll probably say goodbye to gas at some point this year

Frank Lee 01-04-2016 08:03 PM

Gas is so cheap I'm gonna drive that F150 exclusively, everywhere, for everything or nothing, with the pedal to the floor most of the time.

Kidding!

gone-ot 01-04-2016 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 503800)
Gas is so cheap I'm gonna drive that F150 exclusively, everywhere, for everything or nothing, with the pedal to the floor most of the time.

Kidding!

That sounds like redneck hypermile'ing to me (wink,wink)!

Frank Lee 01-04-2016 08:25 PM

HEY! I resemble that remark!

pgfpro 01-04-2016 08:50 PM

Talon Goals
Start building my race engine.
Run a ton of waste solvent through her.
Finish my electric turbo charger.
Design new nitrous fuel.

Insight Goals
Complete restoration, engine and transmission, interior and auto body and paint.