EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   EcoModding? In my dreams!! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ecomodding-my-dreams-12486.html)

Piwoslaw 03-02-2010 02:40 AM

EcoModding? In my dreams!!

Has anyone had ecomodding (or ecomodder) oriented dreams?

I would think that, with all the time I spend under or around the car, and all the time I spend reading and wondering about possible mods, I should dream about coasting for ages, or not being able to bump start, or whatever. But no, I haven't had any ecomodding dreams that I can remember, until very recently.

Two nights ago I dreamed that my car lost its front bellypan. This was part of larger dream, which was otherwise unrelated. The funny thing is that recently I haven't been thinking about bellypans, so this sort of sprung up from nowhere.

But last night was 100% EM: I dreamed that there was an EcoModder meet-up, somewhere in mid-USA (Wisconsin?). Of course, as in any dream, things were totally screwed up, like my station wagon was a convertable, MetroMPG was very young (teenager) and drove a white car, Daox drove a boattailed white Del Sol, etc. Lots of people which I didn't even know getting ready for the evening BBQ:) A part of the meet was a 'race' - driving along a certain route trying to get the best FE. So everybody is getting ready, fooling aroung with their cars, etc., when suddenly there is a loud beeping noise. Everyone stops and looks up, and only after 5-6 beeps do I realise that it's our alarm clock! That's when I woke up, laughing.
Not the first time that an alarm clock influenced a dream, I guess my mind prefers to pretend it's part of the dream than to wake up.

So does anyone else remember their ecomodding related dreams?

Frank Lee 03-02-2010 02:44 AM

Only times I can remember any of my dreams is if some external thing wakes me up, or some really awful traumatic thing is going on in the dream. Otherwise, nothing. I get the feeling I wish I could remember more of them.

I dream a lot about the custom vehicles I'd like to build... but I'm awake during those.

vtec-e 03-02-2010 05:33 AM

I can imagine a gigantic alarm clock shaped spaceship coming in over the horizon as you all look up in amazement! Very funny!
I've had no EM related dreams that i can remember but i do remember one where i was hanging from an aztec pyramid, trying to hide from a sniper in the heavily forested hills. But he got me in the shoulder and i woke up from the pain of it. My shoulder was sore for a while afterwards!
Or another where a rollercoaster was coming off the tracks and i almost jumped out of the bed with fright. Herself was less than impressed at getting a dig in the ribs for no apparent reason..... I tried explaining but....

ollie

Piwoslaw 03-02-2010 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtec-e (Post 163788)
But he got me in the shoulder and i woke up from the pain of it. My shoulder was sore for a while afterwards!

There was a Star Trek TNG episode where crew members were being abducted in their sleep by creatures from another dimension, who performed medical experiments on them. They had no memories of it, only microscopic scars and fatigue from lack of sleep. Ollie, do you feel as if you're not getting enough sleep lately?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtec-e (Post 163788)
Herself was less than impressed at getting a dig in the ribs for no apparent reason..... I tried explaining but....

Yeah, Significant Others and elbows don't seem to match. It's like an unsuccessful triangle: one doesn't want the other in bed, and vice versa;)

gone-ot 03-02-2010 08:46 AM

...I've kept a notebook and pencil on the night stand adjacent my bed, so that if & when it occurs, that I have a worthy black-n-white dream of something worth remembering, I can 'attempt' to write it down.

...started this 'way back when I was working on articles and books for publication.

...you'd be surprised at how much "thinking" your sleeping mind does!

vtec-e 03-02-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piwoslaw (Post 163791)
Ollie, do you feel as if you're not getting enough sleep lately?

I work nights and have kids so my answer would have to be "no":p
In fact, i would attrbute my lack of dreams to not getting a full sleep. I do occasionally get a good nights sleep and i dream accordingly. But they are few and far between.
I recall someone saying to sleep in line with some body cycle or other. I think it was 80 or 90 minutes or something like that. The idea being that you would set your alarm for when an even number of those cycles passes. It is said that you will be much fresher upon waking than if you woke up in the middle of said cycle. Anyone?

ollie

MadisonMPG 03-02-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtec-e (Post 163816)
I work nights and have kids so my answer would have to be "no":p
In fact, i would attrbute my lack of dreams to not getting a full sleep. I do occasionally get a good nights sleep and i dream accordingly. But they are few and far between.
I recall someone saying to sleep in line with some body cycle or other. I think it was 80 or 90 minutes or something like that. The idea being that you would set your alarm for when an even number of those cycles passes. It is said that you will be much fresher upon waking than if you woke up in the middle of said cycle. Anyone?

ollie

Yes, I believe it's 90 minutes. So, you go to sleep at 22:00, and 9 hours (6 cycles) later you wake up at 07:00. You're supposed to try times (earlier and later) during that hour and see when your actual time is.

Angmaar 03-03-2010 10:33 PM

I haven't had an ecomodding related dream yet.
How long before those symptoms occur?

Christ 03-03-2010 10:51 PM

If I dream at all... They're "nightmares".

I put it in quotes because they don't scare me, or wake me up, or anything. They're just unpleasant.

I'm the only person I know that can honestly say I've seen myself die in a dream. It wasn't a traumatic experience, at all.

redline5th 03-04-2010 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christ (Post 164173)
If I dream at all... They're "nightmares".

It's like the Yaris commercial where the evil gas pump comes in the scene! hahahaha :D