EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Forum News & Feedback (https://ecomodder.com/forum/forum-news-feedback.html)
-   -   EM Giveaway Contest: Digital Tire Gauges (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/em-giveaway-contest-digital-tire-gauges-6290.html)

SVOboy 12-04-2008 04:44 PM

EM Giveaway Contest: Digital Tire Gauges

I got a few digital tire gauges in LA from the ecodrivingusa people, and I thought it would only be fair to give them out on EM.

The contest is simple, just post (anywhere on EM)! I will be using a random number generator to select 3 random posts from this one until the last one before the end of 2008 to select winners, so the more you post, the greater your chances of winning.

Sure, not the biggest prize, but they're neat and can rest on your key chain.

:thumbup::turtle::thumbup:

KJSatz 12-04-2008 05:24 PM

My current tire gauge has a warning label on it saying it contains lead and to wash your hands after using it X_X. I guess that's what I get for buying a 70 cent tire gauge.

SVOboy 12-04-2008 05:30 PM

Wow, that's pretty scary...

Frank Lee 12-04-2008 05:31 PM

Those keychain gauges are the best! :thumbup:

Hacksaw 12-04-2008 06:05 PM

I finally took off my full moon hubcaps so I could let some air out for traction during the snow season...I could always use a decent tire gauge...especially now that my valves are accessible.

Hacksaw.

gascort 12-04-2008 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJSatz (Post 76597)
My current tire gauge has a warning label on it saying it contains lead and to wash your hands after using it X_X. I guess that's what I get for buying a 70 cent tire gauge.

most chromed cheap tools/stuff have some lead in it; recently everything has been coming with those warnings...
there's also lead in flexible pvc wrapped electrical cords and christmas lights. As long as you aren't licking full strands of cord for an hour a day, you won't get much. ;)

Sweet deal on the tire gauges - I guess the question for our (EM) group should be, "What's their max psi?" :thumbup:

KJSatz 12-04-2008 07:50 PM

Yeah the warning label just kind of took me by surprise. And I do wash my hands after using it!

FastPlastic 12-04-2008 08:15 PM

Digital is the way to go. I've gotten several of those cheap 99cent ones with the sliders only to have them break after a couple of months(if not weeks). Got one of the more expensive ones with the slider one time $2.99 I think. Found out it was broken before I took it out of the package.

Nevyn 12-04-2008 08:28 PM

Free toys always rock - if for no other reason than you didn't expect to get one in the first place!

Daox 12-04-2008 08:29 PM

I agree with FastPlastic. Digital is awesome. I have the accutire pressure gauge and love it.

What gauge are the ones being given away? Got pics?