EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Engine flush one last time? Or no? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/engine-flush-one-last-time-no-38653.html)

SkauneJohan 10-07-2020 03:10 PM

Engine flush one last time? Or no?

If you have sen my thread, you also know that I have used engine flush 2 times now to clear out crud from previous owners neglect...

Anyways, it is time for me to try oil addatives (liqui moly ceratech and mos2) and my question for you is if you think I should do one last engine flush?

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 10-08-2020 12:47 AM

Might be still worth a try if it would give you some more peace of mind.

hayden55 10-09-2020 10:59 AM

You could always drain the oil and fill it up with acetone and let it sit for a while. I've done this before on smaller motors. Dissolves carbon pretty well. I don't like running my stuff with engine flush because of the small amount of extra wear it creates.

SkauneJohan 10-09-2020 11:03 AM

ha! not gonna happen in my lifetime! :eek:

have 100% trust in liqui moly products ;):thumbup:

hayden55 10-09-2020 11:53 AM

I just said that because that's what they start with when they are about to wash a junkyard motor to clean it up for a rebuild for high performance applications.

teoman 10-09-2020 01:21 PM

Acetone will dissolve all ABS plastic parts.

hayden55 10-09-2020 02:13 PM

True maybe not the best idea lol

SkauneJohan 10-09-2020 04:01 PM

I have also heard of people using acetone as a fuel addative to increase mileage, since acetone is very agressive to many plastics and rubber I would never do that

also heard of people using diesel added to engine oil to flush but since we dont have real diesel here that is a no go

coca cola poured into sparkplug holes(gas engine) frozen rusty old engines to make them free up

using brake fluid to remove tint from turn signals(very nice if you get it on the car paint NOT)

some remedies are good but others not

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 10-13-2020 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkauneJohan (Post 633244)
also heard of people using diesel added to engine oil to flush but since we dont have real diesel here that is a no go

Are you sure people were using Diesel fuel added to the oil? IIRC it's kerosene that's often used for that.

Quote:

coca cola poured into sparkplug holes(gas engine) frozen rusty old engines to make them free up
Coca-Cola or anything containing sugar may not be poured into an engine. Some years ago, someone poured sugar in the oil of the engines of trucks and heavy machinery belonging to the local administration of some city in Paraná, as a deliberate act of sabotage.

teoman 10-14-2020 05:46 AM

I had read an old scientific paper stating that acetone improved mpg by evaporating faster and making smaller droplets of fuel.

Tried it in as 1 small syringe in to 20l gas tank a few times but did not notice a difference. Stopped with fear of melting plastics. The vehicle (2005 bmw r1200gs motorbike, sold to my cousin) still runs great.