EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Off-Topic Tech (https://ecomodder.com/forum/off-topic-tech.html)
-   -   Favorite auto parts sources (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/favorite-auto-parts-sources-23899.html)

California98Civic 11-05-2012 01:08 AM

Favorite auto parts sources

Besides the boneyards... where do you go to buy parts?

Here's my current list:

Honda Parts | Honda Accessories | Discount Honda Parts
Discount Auto Parts & Aftermarket Car Body Parts Online - TheAutoPartsShop
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Auto Parts Warehouse | Car Parts & Accessories, Truck Parts, Discount Auto Body Parts Online

After that, it's Autozone, O'Reilly, and the regional junkyards and dismantling places.

I need a good source on the CV joints and/or half axles I'm in need of replacing. I'm not finding what I need at a reasonable price online.

Frank Lee 11-05-2012 01:18 AM

I've been largely satisfied with Rock Auto and Summit Racing, online.

I also like Northern Auto Parts- they have very competitive prices on engine overhaul kits.

Another thing I've tried online is Google shopping but so far that has not resulted in me ordering anything from anyone else.

Craigslist oftentimes comes through.

In the past I've had success with not only auto junkyards, but scrap metal junkyards... but the scrap yards are a great big YMMV thing as most of them don't want to screw around selling parts.

P.S. About $80 for both of them at Rock Auto, not counting shipping. Sounds reasonable to me.

darcane 11-05-2012 02:58 AM

Oddly enough... a book store.

Amazon.com has a surprising selection of car parts. I recently picked up a complete set of OEM tire pressure sensors for my wife's car for $130 shipped. That was $20-200 cheaper than anywhere else I could find them.

Gealii 11-05-2012 05:31 AM

i mainly use napa and autozone

amitrajput 11-06-2012 07:31 AM

I generally go online & do comparison between the products from various sites to find the best one under lower price range.

PaleMelanesian 11-06-2012 11:09 AM

Cali - I just replaced both my half-shafts with Autozone units. So far so good, and a "lifetime" warranty on them.

California98Civic 11-06-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaleMelanesian (Post 338279)
Cali - I just replaced both my half-shafts with Autozone units. So far so good, and a "lifetime" warranty on them.

Thanks for this and especially the PM with the tips and instructions!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 338022)
I've been largely satisfied with Rock Auto and Summit Racing, online.

I also like Northern Auto Parts- they have very competitive prices on engine overhaul kits.

Never used these (except summit). Thanks! I'll check them out.

Rusty94cx 11-06-2012 07:55 PM

I forget where I got it but u got a topline rebuild kit for the old camry we ha and it was cheap and 50 k later and a new owner still purrs like a kitten and no drips leak and no oil consuption.

Rusty94cx 11-06-2012 08:29 PM

Importec.com they sell worldpac parts. The shop I wrenched at had a worldpac account top notch parts usually oem supplier parts. Most online guys are worldpac they'd guys seem to be the cheapest.

Interlocutionist 11-20-2012 12:05 AM

Rockauto has always been good to me, and usually significantly cheaper.
Though when I need something now being able to search the local stores' inventory online is really handy and saves a great deal of time.

If the CV is leaking just needs a new boot they usually aren't too terribly hard to replace and a rebuild kit is a small fraction of the price of a new/rebuild axle.