EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Fuel tank size on 2000 Sunfire? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/fuel-tank-size-2000-sunfire-954.html)

bennelson 02-07-2008 07:04 PM

Fuel tank size on 2000 Sunfire?

Does anyone know what size fuel tank is on a 2000 Pontiac Sunfire? (automatic transmission w/ 2.2L 4 cylinder engine)

I just got a Scan Gauge, and one of the things you have to do is tell it how big your gas tank is.

The only info I could find on the web says it has a 15 gallon tank. We have NEVER put close to 15 gallons of gas in it!

Is it 15 gallons or something else? Anyone have/had one of these cars?

Thanks in advance,

-Ben

WaxyChicken 02-07-2008 07:15 PM

According to the flaky Wikipedia:
Fuel capacity 14.3 US gal (54.1 L/11.9 imp gal)

Note that the gas light probably comes on when you have 5+ gallons of fuel left in the tank.

AndrewJ 02-07-2008 07:24 PM

My wife's 99 Cavy has the 15.2gal tank, probably depends on if it's coupe, sedan, etc. Tried the owners manual? It usually lists fluid capacities in the back.

Lazarus 02-07-2008 07:39 PM

Edmunds has it at 14.3 gallons.

DifferentPointofView 02-08-2008 01:02 AM

Yea, definitely try the owners manual, there's a section somewhere in there that tells the amount of tranny oil capacity, oil capacity, fuel capacity, coolant capacity, etc.

Mine uses 6qts of oil and holds aproxx 23 gallons of fuel. It should be near the "oil weight" section. that tells what the recommended oil weight is for your vehicle.

bennelson 02-09-2008 12:02 PM

OK,

I was finally able to find the info in the owners manual. They don't make it easy though - instead of being right inside the cover or some simple place like that, I have to dig through the whole manual to find it near the end of chapter 6.

I would also like to figure out how to disable the alarm system. The only mention of it in the manual is to "see the dealer".

Anyone know the secret method to permanently turn the alarm system off?

It is very annoying, just goes of by accident and bothers everyone. We are in a low crime area. She always locks the doors and we keep it in the garage.

DifferentPointofView 02-10-2008 01:28 PM

I don't know. but shouldn't it be under the part of "before operating vehicle"? if not it should be in the operating your vehicle part. It normally has to do something with turning the key on and off until your dash does something funny then pressing unlock or whatever on your key.

Lazarus 02-10-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bennelson (Post 8966)
OK,

I was finally able to find the info in the owners manual. They don't make it easy though - instead of being right inside the cover or some simple place like that, I have to dig through the whole manual to find it near the end of chapter 6.

I would also like to figure out how to disable the alarm system. The only mention of it in the manual is to "see the dealer".

Anyone know the secret method to permanently turn the alarm system off?

It is very annoying, just goes of by accident and bothers everyone. We are in a low crime area. She always locks the doors and we keep it in the garage.

So what was the tank size?:)

malibuguy 02-10-2008 07:31 PM

in my fiance's '00 cavy i've never put more then 12gallons in it

& both my Malibus have 18.1gallon tanks, filling up right about on E only allows no more then 13 gallons...i have "pushed it" & gotten to put in around 15gallons once

basically, pretty much all cars are set up to be "empty" with still a few gallons in reserve to potentially get you to that next station in a pinch

DifferentPointofView 02-10-2008 07:43 PM

not mine. I have used 21 gallons before and it wasn't to the E yet. fuel light was on, but no E.