EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Geo Metro XFi 2 dr 5 spd Hatchback or Bust! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/geo-metro-xfi-2-dr-5-spd-hatchback-17026.html)

dfix9 04-25-2011 10:20 PM

Geo Metro XFi 2 dr 5 spd Hatchback or Bust!

Geo Metro XFi 2 dr 5 spd Hatchback or Bust!

Hello All, I'm a new member as of April 25, 2011.
I Seek to find a Geo Metro XFi 2 door 5 speed Hatchback with
AC, Rear Windshield Defroster and Wiper, etc.

Anyone who can recommend how best to search the internet in my quest to locate my ideal Geo XFi, Please Let me hear from you! I Will Greatly Appreciate Any Suggestions, Referrals, Advice, Assistance, etc ..that you would care to extend!

THANK YOU ALL!

Johnny Mullet 04-26-2011 07:38 AM

Finding a decent Geo Metro is hard enough right now with rising fuel costs.

An XFi was not equipped with A/C unless it was dealer installed. You will not find an XFi with a rear hatch wiper either unless you find another Geo with a rear wiper you can swap the hatch with. Welcome to Ecomodder.

dfix9 04-26-2011 10:05 AM

Hello Johnny!

Hello Johnny Mullet!

Understood, and Thanks for your reply!

OK, once I've found and purchase an XFi, as a DIY, I'm more than willing to
find and install: AC, Rear Defroster, and Rear Wiper, etc-etc.

Or, find a non-XFi, like and a LSi or Base Geo Metro 5 Spd 2 dr Hatchback that comes with AC, Rear Defroster, and Rear Wiper.

However, since my first primary goal is MAXIMUM MPG FUEL ECONOMY, it seems to me that an XFi is the best way to go since it is the lightest weight Geo made during 1990-1994 only, as well as tuned for max mpg, more so than any other Geo made using a 5 Speed Manual Transmission of course.
If I chose a AT, my engine would be over taxed resulting in a weak and poor performing Geo!

Please correct me on anything above I've stated that is incorrect.

THANKS AGAIN JOHNNY!

Tom

dfix9
4-26-11
10:03 am edt.

Ryland 04-26-2011 10:23 AM

You can always get a non XFI Geo Metro and swap the cam shaft and transmission from an XFI in to it, right? that way you have the option of even newer Geo Metros.

MadisonMPG 04-26-2011 10:48 AM

Find a non-XFi model, put tires from a 1995+ on it. Call Delta Camshaft, get an XFi cam from them. Call 3tech, get a +6, +8 or +10 cam gear from him. Bolt all that stuff in.

Presto, DIY...XFi.

mcmancuso 04-26-2011 10:58 AM

just FYI, the computer in the XFi has a slightly different fuel map, the pistons in the XFi have only 2 rings and the top ring is gapless, but both those differences are really minor compared to the transmission ratio and cam (built in 6° advance).

As said above you can simulate the ratio change(if your car came with 12" wheels) by going to 155/80R13 wheels/tires, and an economy camshaft from 3tech or delta cam with a +6 gear from 3tech will simulate the XFi cam.

dfix9 10-15-2011 09:55 PM

THANKS for TIP on ..swap the cam shaft and transmission from an XFI

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryland (Post 234145)
You can always get a non XFI Geo Metro and swap the cam shaft and transmission from an XFI in to it, right? that way you have the option of even newer Geo Metros.

Hi Ryland;234145,

Thanks for the TIP! SORRY FOR DELAY. I'VE BEEN AWAY!

dfix9 10-15-2011 10:00 PM

Thanks for the tip!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmancuso (Post 234161)
just FYI, the computer in the XFi has a slightly different fuel map, the pistons in the XFi have only 2 rings and the top ring is gapless, but both those differences are really minor compared to the transmission ratio and cam (built in 6° advance).

As said above you can simulate the ratio change(if your car came with 12" wheels) by going to 155/80R13 wheels/tires, and an economy camshaft from 3tech or delta cam with a +6 gear from 3tech will simulate the XFi cam.

10-15-11

dfix9 10-15-2011 10:01 PM

Thanks for the TIP!

Quote:

04-26-2011 10:58 AM

dfix9 10-15-2011 10:03 PM

Thanks for the TIP!

Quote:

Thanks for the TIP!