EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Getting rid of the CRX already (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/getting-rid-crx-already-3301.html)

88CRX 06-24-2008 03:14 AM

Getting rid of the CRX already

I just got my CRX a few weeks ago. I love driving it around. anyways, I was driving around Sunday, and a guy approaches me and says, "I this car for sale?" I said now. Then he offers me money for it $2300. It doesn't sound like much but i only paid $1500 for it. Basically it is a stock cherry 88 CRX DX. It is hard to find that here in hawaii... So i said okay, he got the money today, but I told him to do the transaction this weekend. (i just filled up the tank).

Anyways, yeah there goes my ECO project car.

Although I did see a Honda Insight the other day, for $7400, in a car lot. I haven't had a chance to stop by to look at it, since i have to burn all this gas, i should check it out tomorrow.

Would you guys sell if you were in my situation?

cfg83 06-24-2008 03:25 AM

88CRX -

My 1990 CRX was the best car I ever owned. I wish I had never sold it. If I still had it, I would probably be pushing 300K miles.

CarloSW2

Greenblazer 06-24-2008 04:57 AM

Well good luck finding another one for less money than he's offering.

Johnny Mullet 06-24-2008 06:42 AM

I would not sell my Metro for anything right now and I would love to have an old CRX.

If you don't kick yourself in the ass after the sale, I will.

MetroMPG 06-24-2008 09:31 AM

Johnny - tell us how you really feel. :)

I'm in the same boat: I wouldn't sell my car either even if offered more than I paid.

ebacherville 06-24-2008 09:38 AM

With gas prices, id hold out for 4k minimum.. and i bet you'd get that .... Ive seen decent metros going for 3k here locally, and junkers wont even go under 1k..

The only way youll not get as much as you paid is when gas drops back to $2 a gallon... and as the phrase goes.. "when hell freezes over"

Unless i really really need the cash i'd hold on to it... especialy if its in good shape and running order.

Hell I paid 1k for a beat up, however solid 87 CRX that has 130k on the clock.. and that was a hell of a find took me quite a while to find that.

elhigh 06-24-2008 09:43 AM

Sell the Lexii instead.

1GCRXHF 06-24-2008 09:48 AM

The big question on whether to sell it or not, is are you going to be able to find something that will do as well on gas, and be as fun to drive? CRX's and Metro's get very similar gas mileage, but you'll always have more fun in the CRX. I paid 850 for my 87 and 750 for my 85 HF, but I lucked out in both cases.

Best advice I've ever heard... never sell a car unless you HAVE to

My addition to that advice... never sell a car unless you HAVE to, or you've already found another car you want

88CRX 06-24-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elhigh (Post 37783)
Sell the Lexii instead.

I actually wanna sell it too, but i can't sell it for more than i bought it.

88CRX 06-24-2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet (Post 37749)
I would not sell my Metro for anything right now and I would love to have an old CRX.

If you don't kick yourself in the ass after the sale, I will.

Yeah, I'm kicking my ass now!!! Maybe the guy will forget by this weekend.