Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2010, 08:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

skate - '92 Toyota Paseo
90 day: 48.56 mpg (US)
Smile my first 500 mile tank

I thought that this was pretty good for my fourth tank in the interest of mileage. 1992 Toyota Paseo Gas Mileage (skate) - EcoModder.com, the light didn't come on yet to add fuel nerves got the better of me i guess. anyway 53.9 mpg without instrumentation or much in the way of mods so far(i am thinking that the duct tape across the front grill should get replaced before it freezes out). Other mod are the plastic under the car was missing on the right side so i took off the spoiler under the car and bolted a sheet of plastic up as the start of a belly pan system. i got rid of the a/c that didn't work, the mud flaps and the rear spoiler (i lost a 3rd brake light when i took off the spoiler, that i have to figure out yet what to do as it is needed for state safety inspection in june next year.)

as for mods i want to do i was thinking that if i took out one of the face plates on the vent in the dash i could put in a vacuum gauge (i like old school) and make it look good. i was also thinking of a kill switch and a push button starter in a sweet little housing on the shifter. I have an idea for a rear deck lid that i will put in the aero forum that i think will work and look good so please take a look and let me know what the pit falls are. i want to get rid of the right door mirror, did toyota make a paseo/tercel with out a mirror on the right that i can just but the cover and get rid of the mirror, i'll have to look around

any way i am stoked at how well the little skate is doing, i know i could not get half this mpg with my wife's land rover, but then again the paseo could never go like that thing does on the trails...i am done tooting my horn thanks for reading and let me know if there is anything obvious i am missing to get to me next goal of 55mpg(i plan on trying for multiples of 5 for the mpg thing)

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread